Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Custom settings removed after update

hurshoe
    April 16, 2018 at 10:11 pm #30581

Hello,

we updated the theme and all theme settings and modifications were delete and all theme plugins were deactivate. Can you give us info what shall we do so we don’t lose any theme settings.

Thanks!

Adek
    April 17, 2018 at 11:37 am #30627

Hi hurshoe,

When you updating the theme actually your theme setting won’t be lost. The theme setting will be lost when you switch to other themes or switch using the child theme. May i know how are you updating theme before?

Thank you

hurshoe
    April 18, 2018 at 2:43 pm #30716
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    April 18, 2018 at 3:48 pm #30728

Hi hurshoe,

I’ve been checked your website but before i doing testing in there, can i disable certain plugin in there? Because it seems the customizer doesn’t work in there.

Thank you

hurshoe
    April 18, 2018 at 4:00 pm #30729
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    April 20, 2018 at 12:57 am #30807

Hi hurshoe,

I’ve been checking your website previously and try to update the theme via theme dashboard. In this case, i found some theme setting lost in there. Regarding this issue, i will need to do further investigation but actually this issue more related to WordPress side. Also, i usually updating theme from FTP or SSH to avoid switch into other themes that i assume will cause this issue.

For the further update please always make a backup for your theme setting and widget setting before doing an update. For theme setting, you can use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/customizer-export-import/ and this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-importer-exporter/ for widget setting. We also use those plugins and you may need to try using FTP or SSH when doing theme update.

Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.