Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Creating Home Landing Page with both Parallax + Visual Composer Elelements

dayshabass
    July 3, 2015 at 7:53 am #12768

Hello,

Im working on the home page and have to use the legacy section builder to create the slick sections w/ background parallax elements. But one the home page, I want some of the section to be “Latest Posts” and “Latest Gallery,” which is simple to do with the Visual Composer template.

The question is, how do I do both?

Example (in legacy mode)

Sectione 1 – logo floating over a video background
    Section 2 – Text over a color background
    Section 3 – Grid of the latest 3 posts from the news section <—- where i’m stuck
    Section 4 – Grid of the latest 3 thumbs of portfolio (with a “view all” button at the bottom)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Daysha

Adek
    July 3, 2015 at 2:24 pm #12781

Hi Daysha,

Yes, you can create your landing page with Visual Composer. On Visual Composer you just need to use Jkreativ – Blog List element.

Thank you

dayshabass
    July 3, 2015 at 10:45 pm #12790

But to use the visual composer, I have to switch the page template from the legacy template and I lose all my parallax work on the top slides. Am I able to copy the source code of the parallax slide elements to the source of the visual composer to keep those sections?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  dayshabass.
    dayshabass
    July 3, 2015 at 11:43 pm #12792

Disregard. I think that I found it. Appears you have to reload the page in the visual view to see the “Section Shortcodes” feature in legacy mode.

Adek
    July 6, 2015 at 5:29 am #12825

Hi Daysha,

Sorry for late reply your message above. Just want to make sure. Do you still get a problem in there?

Thank you

electrra
    October 2, 2015 at 10:29 am #14839

Please can you explain how you managed to do this? I’m not understanding what you mean by “reload in the visual view” because when I change templates I no longer see the multi-layer paralax background.

electrra
    October 2, 2015 at 11:08 am #14842

Okay I found it. Thanks

Adek
    October 3, 2015 at 2:31 am #14864

Glad to hear that 🙂

Let us know if you need something in there.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.