Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Child Theme CSS not overriding Parent CSS

BigAl
    January 15, 2016 at 7:39 pm #17735

Unless I use !Important the css in the child styles.css do not override the parent theme. I have seen a few similar threads on here without solutions listed. Please advise… !important seems to be overkill. The point of a child theme is to overwrite the parent css 😉

Adek
    January 16, 2016 at 2:36 am #17744

Hi BigAl,

May i know what the thing that you want to change in there? It would be better if you can tell me more about that so i can easily to help you on this thing.

Thank you

powherhouse
    January 16, 2016 at 9:52 am #17752

watching for answers…

powherhouse
    January 16, 2016 at 12:17 pm #17758

and then… when there’s an !important style in the PARENT theme…. THEN what do we do?
    eg .blog-normal-article .featured img {
    width: 100% !important;}
    in main.css …

BigAl
    January 17, 2016 at 3:55 pm #17766

I want to have the ability to customize parts of the theme. Not looking to ask every time I want to change a line-height or margin etc. The point of a child theme is to be able to customize the theme and not overwrite when the parent is updated. This issue must come from the parent CSS loading after the child style sheet.. a fix would be changing the load order I assume.

I want the ability to customize fonts, sizes, etc… this theme has a parent and a child and should act as such.

So to answer your question directly, I am looking to change the fact that the child theme does not act like one.

Adek
    January 18, 2016 at 3:14 am #17777

Hi There,

Actually Jkreativ will support child themes and you can override the default style by using child theme. But in this case it will depend on your code, so please check again your code it works or not. I’m also install jkreativ on my localhost and it’s using child theme. Everything just work fine on my side.

If you can tell me the url of the page and what things that you want to change, it would be better i think so i can easily to help you out or give you an example.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.