Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Changing Font for Main/Body text – FontAwesome

frockadvisor
    August 11, 2015 at 9:33 am #13452

Hi there,

I’d like to have the whole site use the same font that is in the top nav but am struggling to modify this. In the Customizer, when I go to the Fonts section, there are no other available fonts in the dropdown. The only option is Theme Default. Do I need to activate something to be able to change the fonts from here? I also tried to modify style.css by replacing all font-family with FontAwesome but the change did not reflect in the body text. I was able to change the body text to any other font, e.g. Verdana, but just not FontAwesome. I’m not really sure if FontAwesome is a font or a reference to a system which needs to be defined somewhere else, but I’d really appreciate your support!

Thanks

frockadvisor
    August 11, 2015 at 10:41 am #13459

Ok I have now realised that FontAwesome is the icons — so what is the font used in the top nav? In style.css all I can see is FontAwesome, serif or monospace, and it’s neither of those. Otherwise I see “font: inheret” but from where does it inheret?

Thank you!

Jegbagus
    August 12, 2015 at 2:21 am #13467

hi frockadvisor, we use lato as navigation font.

if you need easier look, you can use inspect element of firefox. take a look at image i attach bellow.
    inspect font element

Thank you

frockadvisor
    August 12, 2015 at 9:03 am #13535

Thanks very much. I usually use Inspect Element to understand where things are, it’s very useful. That is now working perfectly – I changed the body text to lato and it looks great. Although it’s odd because I could not find lato anywhere in style.css (I used Cmd+F) even for the header navigation. Anyway thanks so mich!

Jegbagus
    August 12, 2015 at 10:36 am #13564

hi flock, lato is generated from backend. you will only see it if you find it on page source (view page source)

Thank you

frockadvisor
    August 12, 2015 at 10:37 am #13565

Great, thanks so much!

strila
    August 18, 2015 at 7:36 pm #13734

Hi! My client would like to use Georgia as body font but the backend only has Google fonts. Can you explain me how to change to Georgia?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.