Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Blog post order in Masonry

DLT
    May 13, 2015 at 2:23 am #11624

How can I force the post to stay in order of publication in the masonry? I was moving along just fine and all of a sudden, they changed order on me. I need them in order as they’re a series.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  DLT.
    Adek
    May 13, 2015 at 7:56 am #11628

HI DLT,

Can you help me to provide me the url of those page, i will check it directly. Anyway actually you can check the order of your post item when using masonry layout on this file jkreativ-themes/template/template-blog-masonry.php and jump into line 97.

Thank you

DLT
    May 13, 2015 at 1:09 pm #11640
    This reply has been marked as private.
    DLT
    May 13, 2015 at 7:49 pm #11647

All links above are changing. Host crashed. Moving everything. UGH!

DLT
    May 13, 2015 at 10:11 pm #11649

Where was jKreativ saving my additional css to?

I had a bunch of code written in the JKreativ Dashboard when my site crashed and I need to get it back to reproduce the site!

DLT
    May 14, 2015 at 12:44 am #11651

I should clarify. My host did something that won’t allow me to open my site. I was able to pull all files and my database to my server . . . but I really need my hand coded css that I had put in through the JKreativ dashboard.

Hello?

DLT
    May 14, 2015 at 5:05 am #11652
    Adek
    May 14, 2015 at 6:54 am #11654

Hi DLT,

1. You can try to change this file jkreativ-themes/template/template-blog-masonry.php (same file on above) and jump into line 9. It seems you will need to change the orderby and order. In this case, on the orderby you can try to use date, date_add or date_create and on the order you can try to use ASC or DESC. You also can make some change on the line 97. Actually on the line 9 it will affect on the post filter and on the line 97 will affect when your post loaded.

2. You can deactivate WooCommerce plugin to turn off the woocommerce menus.

3. You will need to edit this file jkreativ-themes/admin/metabox/page/blogcontent.php and jump into line 115. You can adjust the value of max to fit with your own need.

Thank you

DLT
    May 14, 2015 at 1:48 pm #11672

Thanks! Can you tell me what table your dashboard is saving to? It’s the only part of my theme that is broken now (after moving to a different host because host #1 crashed yesterday morning). Host #1 is still not up and running, so I still have no access to the old wp dashboard in order to export under new host name.

So, I must search/replace the table and have a script change the values in it.

DLT
    May 14, 2015 at 6:36 pm #11676

Thank you!

DLT
    May 15, 2015 at 4:01 am #11677
    Adek
    May 15, 2015 at 5:57 pm #11694

Hi DLT,

1. You can go to Appearance > Editor and on the right side you will find several file. You just need to change certain file that i’ve tell you before.

2. You can try to use this code below :

Thank you

DLT
    May 15, 2015 at 9:59 pm #11699

My problem was that I had that code in the “additional style” section of the JKreativ Dashboard. Now that it’s on sty;e.css, it’s working! Thank you! I thought they both did the same thing.

Now, on my masonry issue, it seems that they were changing order because of difference in heights due to some of my feature pictures being longer and titles being longer on some posts. By setting a definitive height in the JKreativ Additional Style area, the masonry is now showing the posts in order. It looks a little different, but I’m happy with it until I can find the time to resize all the pictures to the same size.

Adek
    May 18, 2015 at 1:43 am #11707

Hi DLT,

Sorry for late reply your previous message.

For the additional style on Jkreativ Dashboard actually it’s different with style.css file that you can find on theme editor. Because if you put your additional css on the Additional Style section on the JKreativ Dashboard, your additional css code will not lost when you’ve updating themes. But if you put your additional css code on the style.css file, those file will override with the new update file.

Yeah, because on masonry layout (Blog page) will rearrange your post order based on the height of post item. It’s a good idea to make the images thumbnail on your post item to have same size, but i think you can use normal layout in this case.

Thank you

DLT
    May 18, 2015 at 3:46 am #11709

Also, I had to use an @media statement to give the content a 320 margin. Without the @media statement, my android OS phone displayed a screen that had a 320 margin, so you could not see the pages at all. I’m hoping it’s all working right now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.