Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

A Few Questions

bobmc
    July 15, 2014 at 10:12 am #1708

http://www.dadepc.com/working

How can I change the aspect ratio for the images in “recent posts” widget? Also, for my posts page, I’m want to show all content rather than excerpt and can’t figure out how. In my wordpress settings, I chose full content.

I set up a posts grid with visual composer. For the excerpt it’s picking up shortcode. Is there a way to stop that from happening. Also, I did some customizing for the menu but can’t find the css for the current item.

I’m trying to keep this site uniform using the “Wide” template for all posts and pages. Is it possible using the Wide template to not have a sidebar?

Thanks for getting me to this page. I don’t know why I didn’t see this before.

Rai
    July 16, 2014 at 3:07 am #1740

Hello @bobmc,

1) To change image size for latest post widget you need to edit this file: jkreativ-themes/admin/widget/latest-widget.php go to line 23 :

Change 800 (width) and 400 (height) to size that you want.

2) If you want to display full content instead of excerpt, it need to update the code. Because you are using Blog Wide, so go edit this file template/blogpost/wide.php then find line with this code:

Replace with this code:

3) For Post Grid element with VC, I’m not quite sure what are you trying to “stop from happening”, do you want to remove the excerpt?

4) Yes, there is option to disable/enable sidebar for Blog list and Single post. Also, you can override sidebar settings on each post 🙂

Thank you

bobmc
    July 16, 2014 at 4:21 am #1744

What I was saying about the Post Grid element is that it shows shortcode as part of the excerpt.

Where is the option to disable the sidebar when choosing wide layout for posts? I created an additional template for pages “Wide Layout – No Sidebar” (http://dadepc.com/working/activities/) I tried doing the same for posts but wasn’t successful. The new posts template only appears in the page options not in the “override” section for posts. I’ve looked every where and can’t find any options to remove the sidebar.

Thanks for the great support 🙂

Rai
    July 16, 2014 at 4:42 pm #1786

Hello again,

Post Grid element excerpt is do support shortcode, thats why if you put shortcode on your excerpt it will be transformed.

Sorry, I forget that Blog Wide template doesn’t have option to hide sidebar/widget. If you need to remove sidebar you will need to edit this file: template/template-blog-wide.php go to line:73-83

Replace those content from line 73 to 83 to with this:

Greets

bobmc
    July 24, 2014 at 12:00 pm #2084

That totally removes the sidebar but doesn’t give me the option to have a sidebar using the wide layout on posts. I love the wide sidebar layout. That’s one of the main things that attracted me to your theme. Is there any way to accomplish this or would you consider adding this feature in future updates. One other thing. I think it would be great to have the option to hide the page/post title on specific pages.

Rai
    July 25, 2014 at 4:40 am #2116

Hi @bobmc,

I think that’s good option. Well, I will talk to my partner regarding to consider to add hide/show sidebar for Blog Wide template.

Thank you 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.