Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

A few questions

dmitri1999
    January 2, 2015 at 10:30 am #8022

I have a few questions and I wasn’t able to find any ways so far to implement these. Would be great to be pointed in the right direction:

1. Testimonials slider does not seem to have “auto scrolling”. Is there a way to make a slider for testimonials that changes with a set interval, just like photos?

2. on my parallax front page I am trying to make 5-6 photos/icons via Portfolio Block icons that are set in a row and upon clicking which would lead to galleries. The issue so far is that I can’t create a row of 5. The most is 3 photos and then additional images are put in the next row in a grid style. How do I deal with it? Also is there a way to resize the blocks to perhaps be a bit smaller? It gives me 1/3 as the smallest and it’s way too big.

3. Is there a way to relocate the music button in another place? Say by the menu somewhere at the top perhaps?

Thanks!

dmitri1999
    January 4, 2015 at 8:14 am #8036

Going to add all the questions in one topic:

4. Currently the options are: full page slider or ~1/4 of the page. Is it possible to customize a slider to be say 1/2 of the page or any size I make myself?

5. In the Full page gallery I can’t see Alt Tags for images. How do I add them? That’s the basics for Seo for images,but I didn’t find a way to add anything so far.

Adek
    January 6, 2015 at 6:39 am #8098

Hi dmitri1999,

1. Did you mean is to make the testimonial slider autoplay?

2. I’m not quite sure what you mean, can you provide me the page url that you referring to for better understanding. So i can easily to help you.

3. It will need to add some custom css code to achieve that.

4. It seems you question have been answered right here http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/possible-to-change-slider-size/

5. You can add alt images in the Media Library. But the alt text will not show up on Full page gallery and you need to make some custom change on those page layout.

Thank you

dmitri1999
    January 6, 2015 at 7:43 am #8105

Hi,

1. Yes, I’d like to make the testimonial slider autoplay.

2.http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/villa/ If you scroll to the “luxury Villa”, “Restaurant Bar” Portfolio photo boxes. As you can see they are 3 of them in 1 row. Can I put more boxes in a row and perhaps make them full width? Seems like currently they are being wrapped to be in the middle with a lot of space on the sides. With that particular size as in your demo, I’d like to fit 6 of those portfolio boxes,but I can not.

Adek
    January 8, 2015 at 9:06 am #8180

Hi dmitri1999,

1. To achieve that you can try to update this file jkreativ-themes/public/js/internalmin/jquery.jlanding.js (Before update those file you can backup those file at first for some reason).

http://pastebin.com/QS7rN2X3

2. Maybe, you can create 6 column on one section. Actually on those page, we create those section with 3 column. Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

dmitri1999
    January 8, 2015 at 10:39 am #8188

1. Thank you! The autoplay code is working!

5. Regarding the Alt tags. I am a bit surprised about the alt tags issues since this is a portfolio/photography theme. The main slider also does not have alt tags(it uses them separately as description).
    That’s quite bad for seo for images… Google only sees Alt tags according to their webmaster guidelines.

So what are my options? Is there something I can do myself to change with my limited knowledge of html?
    Any plans in the future to update the theme to perhaps show the alt tags?

Adek
    January 8, 2015 at 10:55 am #8191

Hi dmitri1999,

Glad to hear that.

Please try to this way, go to Media > Library then click on the image and you can fill the Alt tags and Description for your image. But as i said previously, the alt tags will not show up on front end and it will need to edit some html code.

Thank you

dmitri1999
    January 8, 2015 at 11:28 am #8195

The tags are already filled out. None of them show so it doesn’t seem there’s any point to them or having them filled out. Description, caption, Alt tags – none show in the source OR on the website.
    http://goo.gl/uc2fKC

I’d like to have that fixed one way or another as I can’t use a website that doesn’t allow text with the images since this is really really bad for seo.
    I’d appreciate some ways to fix this. If this is an issue of a gallery you are using for theme, perhaps you can recommend another gallery(needs to be able to autoplay and not stretch images) that I can buy separately and install for this theme.

Adek
    January 9, 2015 at 8:39 am #8230

Hi dmitri1999,

Unfortunately, those thing will not show up on front end and it will need to edit some html code. May i know what you mean with “autoplay and not stretch images”.

May i know what kind of page template that you use on your gallery page or it would be better if you can send me the page url of those page.

Thank you

dmitri1999
    January 9, 2015 at 9:12 am #8234

autoplay means gallery’s images slide/play with a set interval of time(eg, like your main sliders)

There are a lot of galleries that stretch images to height or full screen, either degrading quality of an image or cropping it.
    All full screen galleries crop images to fit viewer’s screen, which is why professional photographers don’t use full screen galleries, other than for a few select images with centered subjects, to avoid them being cropped on certain screens.
    Here’s my current website’s gallery(uses revolution slider) http://goo.gl/S5SgJe that let’s me choose the size of each image and has autoplay. It uses the same Revolution slider for galleries as you use for your theme. This is one of the reasons I was really surprised to hear you took all the text functions away from the galleries, not just the alt tag capabilities -all of these seems to be the features that the Revolution slider has built-in in the original form.

In regards to SEO…I also have to point that that on your themeforest page you list Google authorship as one of the built-in features. Google authorship project died many months ago and isn’t supported at all…

Adek
    January 12, 2015 at 10:12 am #8272

Hi dmitri1999,

Maybe you can try create a gallery page with Fullscreen (Slider) – Video & Image like on this page http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/photography/video-image-slider-without-thumbnail/ , http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/villa/swiming-pool/ and you can setup autoplay, interval autoplay, thumbnail, and also choose non crop option. I think you’ve been implement on this page http://goo.gl/uc2fKC

Fullscreen (Slider) – Video & Image not using Revolution Slider feature, anyway you can also create a gallery page with Revolution Slider.

Yes, i’ve heard the news and if i’m not wrong, those feature has been discontinued on august 2014. We will take a look on this thing.

Thank you

dmitri1999
    January 12, 2015 at 6:43 pm #8282

Hello,
    Hmmm…I think your reply missed the point of my question as well as some other questions. I would like to have alt tags OR visible description of the images and currently none of them are available. That’s the ultimate goal for this as currently template is not seo optimized.

I asked for a way to have either of them in the gallery(or hopefully both) and you pointed me back to your full screen gallery which has neither of them

If the gallery in question( http://goo.gl/uc2fKC ) isn’t using Revolution slider, then how do I get access to the revolution slider in the template to build the same type of gallery,but also have description and alt tags on the images, since Revolution Slider does have those features?

Adek
    January 13, 2015 at 8:08 am #8307

Hi dmitri1999,

To put the Revolution Slider into a page, you will need to create a page with using Landing Page template and then you just need to copy the slider shortcode and paste into section content of those page. You can take a look on this image below :

Or you can create a Landing Page with Visual Composer and choose Revolution Slider element like on image below :

For alt tag and image description, can you provide me url of the gallery page i will try to check the page template on those page if the alt and image description can added into those page template.

Thank you

dmitri1999
    January 21, 2015 at 12:53 am #8480

Thank you, so this seems to fix the alt tags for images on the Main Landing Page as alt tags are included for every image in Revolution slider. I can use it instead of Landing slider.

I am now left with the gallery which somehow needs to be seo optimized at least to the bare minimum.

I couldn’t find a way to use Revolution slider in the current state for the gallery because in order to not resize/stretch images in the full-width gallery I would need to go to Slide Settings in Revolution Slider menu and manually adjust –>Background Fit to “contain”. I’d have to do this to every single image. I am suppose to have 8 galleries with 700 images. That would take many days…

Your Full Screen(slider): Video&Image works great and does have that option,but it has no alt tags or/and I can not put description on each image.
    http://goo.gl/uc2fKC

So, is there a way to add either alt tags or small visible description to each image in this gallery? Perhaps there’s a file i can manually edit to add an alt tag to the images I need?

Adek
    January 22, 2015 at 5:49 am #8526

Hi dmitri1999,

I can’t provide assurance in this case. Because it will need to make some change on those page template file to achieve that.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.