Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

A few Design Issues- Font, Logo, and Styling

mariedenee
    November 23, 2017 at 12:42 am #25834

I LOVE this theme, but I am having a few issues I am hoping you can help with?

1. How do I set the theme font to look like the fashion style? I have tried to import twice (with both style and content) and it does not import as styled?

2. I have tried to upload my logo a few times and I cannot get it to load or show. Some help here?

3. I am able to set some font styling but it does not change on the homepage, but everywhere else… could you help here?

Rai
    November 23, 2017 at 3:14 am #25850

Hi @mariedenee,

1. Could you elaborate it? Is the fonts not loaded properly? It use Google Font: Lato & Playfair Display.

2. Is there any error message when uploading image logo? Please confirm which logo option that upload?

3. Please help us by providing your site URL and detail of what font style you have changed so we can check it further.

Thank you

mariedenee
    November 24, 2017 at 5:41 pm #25938

I am trying to reply, but it is not taking?

mariedenee
    November 25, 2017 at 8:07 pm #25994

I cannot see them here and they are looking like I am not replying to your questions.
    Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Could you elaborate it? Is the fonts not loaded properly? It use Google Font: Lato & Playfair Display.
    I want to have my font like the demo fashion theme. I switched to lifestyle, because I like this better, but I need to know how to have my font to look like the fashion demo.

2. Is there any error message when uploading image logo? Please confirm which logo option that upload?
    No error message, just the text for where my logo is supposed to be.

3. Please help us by providing your site URL and detail of what font style you have changed so we can check it further.
    My url: https://staging.thecurvyfashionista.com
    The demo: https://jnews.io/fashion-blog/

Adek
    November 27, 2017 at 9:59 am #26032

Hi mariedenee,

1. On our Fashion Demo, we’re using this below setup :
    – Body Font : Font Family (Lato), Font Variant (Bold 700, Bold 700 Italic, Normal 400, Normal 400 Italic), Font Size (13px), Line Height (22px)
    – Header Font : Leave empty (default setting)
    – Main Menu Font : Leave empty (default setting)
    – Post Title : Font Family (Playfair Display), Font Variant (Normal 400, Bold 700, Normal 400 Italic, Bold 700 Italic)
    – Block Heading : Leave empty (default setting)
    – Paragraph Font : Font Family (Lora), Font Variant (Normal 400, Normal 400 Italic, Bold 700, Bold 700 Italic)

2. I’ve checked your site previously and it seems your logo works fine in there. Do you still get a problem with uploading logo in there?

3. Please try to clear your browser cache after making changes on customizer.

Thank you

mariedenee
    November 29, 2017 at 9:03 pm #26226

I just want my post titles to be this and I have set it up in customizer and it does not change to have the various fonts like the demo?

Are you saying that I have to set it all up like this in order for the font style to alternate like in the post title in fashion?

Rai
    November 30, 2017 at 9:01 am #26243

Hi @mariedenee,

So, you just need to set the Post Title font option. To have alternate / italic in your post title you need to set it from the post it self by wrap them with <em></em> tag like so: <em>italic title</em>.

Thank you

mariedenee
    November 30, 2017 at 9:41 pm #26287

I do not understand your directions above.

Where do I set that up? In the title of the post itself?

I went back and set up the font just how you suggested here:
    Body Font : Font Family (Lato), Font Variant (Bold 700, Bold 700 Italic, Normal 400, Normal 400 Italic), Font Size (13px), Line Height (22px)
    – Header Font : Leave empty (default setting)
    – Main Menu Font : Leave empty (default setting)
    – Post Title : Font Family (Playfair Display), Font Variant (Normal 400, Bold 700, Normal 400 Italic, Bold 700 Italic)
    – Block Heading : Leave empty (default setting)
    – Paragraph Font : Font Family (Lora), Font Variant (Normal 400, Normal 400 Italic, Bold 700, Bold 700 Italic)

But I did not get the same look of the alternate title like demo. This makes me very sad, as I chose this theme partly based on this. Cache has been cleared too.

Rai
    December 1, 2017 at 11:30 am #26316

Hi,

The Fonts options you set seems not like we suggested. Please see this screenshot bellow:

After you set the Fonts options, now you need to setup your post title to have BOLD or ITALIC style. Please look at sample of our post:

Post LINK.

As you can see, to make bold title its wrap with <strong></strong> tag (marked with red line). And to make italic its wrap with <em></em> (blue line).

If you not familiar with html tag, you could create this in your post content in Visual mode, then copy it from Text mode.

Please let us know if you still have questions.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.