Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Regarding Module 21 Widget for JNews theme

miyavi
    February 12, 2019 at 1:57 am #43105

Hi! I’m doing some custom work on your theme, but facing an issue. I”m using the Module 21 widget on the ‘default sidebar’, which appears on all Post Category pages. However, I’d like to make it such this widget will display Posts of the same category as the Post Category page it’s currently on. For example, I have 2 categories – ‘fashion’ and ‘technology’. So on the ‘fashion’ Post Category page, the widget will only show Posts from the ‘fashion’ category, whereas on the ‘technology’ Post Category page, this same widget will show Posts from the ‘technology’ category. Is this possible? And if it is, how would you suggest I do it?

Thank you in advance!

Ferdy
    February 12, 2019 at 4:34 pm #43154

Hi miyavi,

Regarding your question, you may need to do a lot of change in there and it is not our support scope. I hope you understand our Support Policy, hope you don’t mind. But, we will always try to help our customer as long as we can.

Thank you

miyavi
    February 12, 2019 at 6:14 pm #43159

Hi Ferdy, I understand your support policy and I’m not asking you to do this. I have my own developers to do so. I’m just asking you if it’s POSSIBLE or viable to do so, since you’re the theme developer.

Again, I just need a helpful answer from you and nothing else.

Ferdy
    February 13, 2019 at 11:42 am #43203

Hi miyavi,

Yes, it possible. you can start to edit on wp-content/themes/jnews/class/Module/ModuleViewAbstract.php in there we place our query set up for the module. Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

miyavi
    February 14, 2019 at 3:32 am #43238

Hi, thank you! That helped quite a bit. However, my developer have gotten back to me saying that when they’re modifying queries on this widget, it seems the whole site is affected. For example, he said when he comment results while modifying queries, the posts that is supposed to appear on module 21 and main posts in post category page do not appear on frontend. Also, he said he was trying to print statements to know where posts are coming from in sidebar but not able to print.

Do you have any advice for us about this issue?

Thank you!

Ferdy
    February 14, 2019 at 11:18 am #43250

Hi miyavi,

In this case, please also check on wp-content/themes/jnews/class/Module/Block/Block_21_View.php. in there you will find the queries for module 21 only and you may need to check if an article is a post you need to include the category and leave the exclude category blank. Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.