Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Only one post showing up on category page

digitalvix3n
    February 12, 2019 at 3:38 am #43107

Hey,

I’ve created a “reference” category for our Jnews site and marked 3 published posts as reference posts, however when I go the site and click on the reference category, only one of the three posts shows up. All 3 are marked as “reference” in the Jnews primary category section, and the “reference” category has been marked as the primary category in the WordPress category section as well (along with two other categories). All 3 articles look identically set up/tagged/categorised in the WordPress post editor, yet only one of them shows up in the reference category.

Could someone please advise why this is the case?

Thanks,
    Harry

digitalvix3n
    February 12, 2019 at 4:01 am #43109

To follow this up – I’ve set 3 posts as a different category, “News”, and none of those show up in the news category page either. One of the “reference” articles is showing up in a different category section, “opinion”

Ferdy
    February 12, 2019 at 5:01 pm #43156

Hi Harry,

In this case, can you provide me your login access to check directly on our side? You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

digitalvix3n
    February 12, 2019 at 5:47 pm #43158

Thanks for getting back to me Ferdy.

This issue has (magically) resolved itself, however I don’t think the root of the problem is gone. I don’t think the site is updating to changes we make fast enough – it takes several hours, sometimes a day, until some changes come through, such as the above categories problem and more. As another example, if you look at my other recent post, you told me to set the post date setting from modified to published. While I did this, it hasn’t updated on the site yet – I think it will eventually, but it’s odd that it’s not doing it immediately.

Is there some kind of problem or setting that would be causing the site to update this slowly? Maybe something to do with caching, especially server side or on the theme’s part???

digitalvix3n
    February 12, 2019 at 6:27 pm #43160

Just to add to this – the date will update on the post itself, but it won’t be reflected on the homepage. Eg. If I change a post from February to January, the post itself shows the update January date but that’s not reflected on the homepage either on the text of the date or the ordering of the posts.

digitalvix3n
    February 12, 2019 at 6:28 pm #43161

It also did eventually update the posts in about an hour, but why did it take so long?? Shouldn’t it be immediate.

digitalvix3n
    February 12, 2019 at 8:17 pm #43163

Likewise, I just made another post and it is not showing on the site. It seems there’s a delay to the vast majority of changes we make to the site or posts we make…

digitalvix3n
    February 13, 2019 at 6:56 am #43184

I really need an update on this. I added 3 new posts last night and none of them have shown up on the site since then AT ALL. Why is it taking hours for the site to update settings and display posts? Is it a caching problem. I know it’s to do with the JNews theme because if I live preview another theme that’s not Jnews, everything is there.

Ferdy
    February 13, 2019 at 2:57 pm #43217

Hi digitalvix3n,

In this case, can you provide me with login access to your website? it seems we need to do further investigation on your website. You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

digitalvix3n
    February 13, 2019 at 4:23 pm #43220

So wordpress support identified this error in the PHP of the Jnews theme. Is there any way to fix this without uninstalling and reinstalling the theme, as we would lose all the customisation we’ve done to the theme.

“PHP Fatal error: Class ‘JNews\Asset\AssetAbstract’ not found in /wpcom-153233147/wp-content/themes/jnews/class/Asset/FrontendAsset.php on line 15”

digitalvix3n
    February 13, 2019 at 5:43 pm #43224

We’ve checked the code of the theme and that class exists, it’s not missing, so don’t know why this is happening…

Ferdy
    February 14, 2019 at 9:56 am #43245

Hi digitalvix3n,

In this case, please try to re-upload the theme file, maybe the theme file is corrupt. Let us know if you have further question

Thank you

digitalvix3n
    February 14, 2019 at 11:43 am #43252

We have tried that with a fresh download of the theme zip file. Still have the same problem.

Ferdy
    February 14, 2019 at 12:18 pm #43256

Hi digitalvix3n,

Regarding this issue, I will need to do further checking on your website. Can you provide me login access into your website and FTP access? you can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

digitalvix3n
    February 14, 2019 at 1:25 pm #43260

It’s hosted by wordpress so there’s no access to FTP or no access to logs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.