Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

WordPress Popular Posts

myamydiary
    June 2, 2016 at 5:15 pm #20512

Hi

The plugin WordPress Popular Posts keeps uninstalling itself on my blog.

When I reinstall and activate I get the error ‘You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.’ It then seems to work for a short time and uninstalls again…. any idea why this could be happening?

http://www.myamydiary.com

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  myamydiary.
    Rai
    June 3, 2016 at 1:45 am #20521

Hi Amy,

Do you install plugin from Appearance > Install Plugin? If so, it may because all plugins have been installed & activated. Please make sure to check from Plugins menu for all installed plugin.

Thank you

myamydiary
    June 3, 2016 at 6:11 am #20527

Yes, I go to Appearance > Install Plugin where Popular posts shows up.

I click install – it installs

I click activate – the error I’ve attached shows up:

Error

Even after the error it seems to be activated but after 10 minutes or so it uninstalls on its own?

I’m also seeing the following error:

The plugin wordpress-popular-posts/wordpress-popular-posts.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  myamydiary.
    myamydiary
    June 3, 2016 at 6:16 am #20528

I’ve just noticed that after I’ve done the above the ‘install plugin’ option is no longer displayed in the Appearance menu.

It comes back after Popular posts deactivates and uninstalls…

I also see this error:

The plugin wordpress-popular-posts/wordpress-popular-posts.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  myamydiary.
    Rai
    June 4, 2016 at 3:50 am #20554

It is really weird, the theme itself is dont have feature to auto-disable plugin. It could be plugin conflict, but we need to make sure. Can you provide us access to your backend for further investigation? Please send it as Private Reply or via email.

Thank you

myamydiary
    June 4, 2016 at 6:51 am #20556
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rai
    June 6, 2016 at 1:54 am #20568

Hi Amy,

I’ve checked your site, it seems it is because WP Super Cache plugin (but not so sure), after delete this plugin and reinstall the popular post plugin with lower version, now it still there.

I also try regenerate thumbnails because I see your popular post thumbnail image is not in right size, but sorry to say your server is very slow (it is 48 minutes after I start regenerate thumbnail and it still 35%), even the process error sometimes:

You can try this PHP Setting to improve your server performance (to prevent timeout, not increase speed actually):

Thank you

myamydiary
    June 18, 2016 at 6:37 pm #20802
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rai
    June 20, 2016 at 1:38 am #20807

Hi myamydiary,

Glad to hear that. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.