Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Website terribly slow

Chris Luening
    February 27, 2015 at 12:00 pm #9683

Hi, could you have a look at my website http://www.inclue.de?
    It is terribly slow due to loading all js and css per single requests. Horrible. 162 requests…

Adek
    March 2, 2015 at 5:25 am #9714

Hi Chris,

Please try to disable all plugin except required plugins that come with these theme if you’ve installed another plugin on your site.

Thank you

dmitri1999
    March 15, 2015 at 8:36 pm #9985

11 seconds before first image appeared.

Chris Luening
    March 16, 2015 at 8:49 am #10002

Exactly. Way too slow. I have Revolutions Slider and surely will not disable that one.

Sorry guys, but at 58$ I expect a lot more from the theme.

all js and css per single requests – you should have bundled that.

Adek
    March 18, 2015 at 4:02 am #10046

Hi Chris,

We’ve been bundled several js and css files. But we also separate some files because on certain page template will only load necessary file. Anyway, almost of js and css files have been minified so it can loaded more faster.

Thank you

Chris Luening
    March 18, 2015 at 9:17 am #10081

So, how do you explain the terribly slow loading time?

dmitri1999
    March 18, 2015 at 3:36 pm #10088

Chris,
    I knocked 4 seconds of my loading time by turning off some of the flashy content. Remove the stupid starwars right click presentation they included with the theme. Either switch to simple one or just disable it since you can still access the source code via any browser anyways, Remove the loaders as they make no sense and absolutely useless.
    Optimize images. If you are using photoshop, use Save For Web and you can save around 60% without seeing any degradation. Optimize image sizes as well.
    Perhaps also consider re-doing your front page with less animations. They take a lot of time to load on any theme.
    If you are hosting on a normal server, see if your hosting provider offers WordPress hosting. That can speed things up. You can also test it and see if maybe you can switch to a different provider. I was with 1and1 previously(they are popular in Europe,I hear) and performance was terrible as they were putting too many websites on 1 server.

I am not using the included revolution slider,but see if it has lazy loading. Turn it on. If it’s off, all the slides are loading at once,and slowing the site’s loading.

Then activate CDN + caching plugin

Either way, no client will wait more than 3-4 seconds so if website isn’t loading by then, they will leave.

Chris Luening
    March 18, 2015 at 3:59 pm #10089

Thanks for the hint with lazy loading – it helped a lot to activate that.
    Also disabled right-clicked behaviour as you said.
    Unfortunately I used some png-Files on the slides, they cannot be compressed too small apparently. But already tried that.
    Wordpress was installed from the web hoster customer’s menu.
    Have to say that I am using a multi site installation. Surely that does not help.

As I am merely using the site as an extension to my CV for an application, I think the changes will do the trick.
    Thank you very much again!

Cheers, Chris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.