Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Visual Composer Server slow downs/time outs

dmitri1999
    February 4, 2015 at 6:40 pm #8831

Got a call from my hosting provider saying there may be an issue as website was using a lot of memory and cpu on the server. We traced it to Visual Composer wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
    VC is pretty slow overall when I am working on the website. Sometimes it takes a while to update the page. Seems like there are others out there with similar issues when I did a quick google search.

What can i do to fix that?

Adek
    February 7, 2015 at 8:18 am #8903

Hi dmitri1999,

Actually, with the latest version of theme we have been make the speed on backend more faster even when using Visual Composer. Also the page speed on backend and frontend is depend on many factors, such as internet speed, server speed, scripts loaded, images optimize, additional plugin and etc.

Thank you

dmitri1999
    February 21, 2015 at 11:06 pm #9523

I don’t know what is causing it. I tried turning off all the plugins and navigating the wordpress dashboard(pages, sections, posts,etc and sometimes it is very slow. 80% of the time the speed is pretty good and then slows down the point it takes half a minute to go from say Settings to Media. As I am working on the website I see this issue every day.
    When I go to my other websites hosted on the same server, there are no slow downs at all.(I have a 25mb connection so it’s not my internet connection either)

It almost seems like the theme is perhaps connecting to some other website/server(yours?) to retrieve some kind of data and perhaps the server is far away – a long delay occurs. I’ve experienced something like that about 6 years ago with one of the websites I had so I am just guessing here.

There has to be a reason why 3 similar websites on the other server are really fast while I can’t even navigate front-end wordpress settings with *all* the plugins turned off.

On a normal day navigating wordpress settings of the theme is about twice as slow as others themes I am using on other websites. I only had this theme for a month so I can’t comment on the previous speeds,but it seems something is still affecting the speed.

Adek
    February 24, 2015 at 7:52 am #9584

Hi dmitri1999,

As i said previously, the page speed on backend and frontend is depend on many factors. Anyway, i also install multisite wordpress on my localhost and using jkreativ themes too. Even i don’t have internet connection, in this case i can working on backend and front end. Our theme only load several file that come on another source, such as google fonts and google maps.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.