Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Visual Composer Install

markjoseph
    July 22, 2014 at 7:50 pm #2000

Hi there,

I’ve installed the 2.02 version of Jkreativ. I’ve installed and activated Visual Composer. However, it is not showing up on the pages. I went to settings –> Visual Composer and it says I need a purchase code. Where can I find this purchase code? Do I have to actually pay for it?

Thanks,
    Mark

juandoscuartos
    July 23, 2014 at 8:25 am #2018

Same here. May this answer serves to move up the question and get answers ASAP!

juandoscuartos
    July 23, 2014 at 9:14 am #2021

Dude, just found out how. At least it has served well for me:

In the pages template chooser, just choose LANDING PAGE BUILDER (Visual Composer) and you’re done. It’lll bring up the VC mode to the page content area.

Hope that serves you.

Rai
    July 24, 2014 at 5:37 am #2066

Hi Guys,

You can use VC on page with template Landing Page Builder – Visual Composer and on single portfolio with Extended Portfolio layout. Read more here: http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/documentation/#visual-composer

@juandoscuartos : thank you for your answer πŸ™‚

Best regards,
    Rai

markjoseph
    July 24, 2014 at 5:40 am #2067

Great, thanks for the advice guys!

markjoseph
    July 24, 2014 at 5:42 am #2068

Which visual composer element lets you put either a full-width image or a full-width video (for my home page)?

Rai
    July 24, 2014 at 3:17 pm #2100

Hi @markjoseph,

You can use Landing Slider for fullwidth / fullscreen slider. Create it first on Landing Slider > Add Slider then assign on your page (Landing Page Builder), at bottom of page there is Section Heading Type option, select Jkreativ Slider Format to assign your Landing Slider.

Please let me know if you had further support questions

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    July 25, 2014 at 9:19 am #2125

I do have another VC related question:

I’m missing the icon (that yellowish tiny icon top) that allows for the split of the row as in another website I designed last winter:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Any reason or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Rai
    July 26, 2014 at 3:17 pm #2177

Hi juandoscuartos,

In Jkreativ we customize VC to fit our needs. For Row, we use root Row as Section, so if you want to add more column for your current Row, you need to Add more Row inside root Row / Section. Please read our documentation about VC here: http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/documentation/#visual-composer

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    July 28, 2014 at 6:22 pm #2251

Hi Rai,
    Thanks again for your kind support, I now know how to add columns to a row.

BUT,
    Please take this as a constructive view:
    I just wonder if it wouldn’t be much easier β€”always with the user(we designers)/usability in mindβ€” to keep the “add column” icon in the root Row. That way, I think users could experiment with even more possibilites of page layout.
    Not that I have still tried to build multiple columns row by now, but I could foresee it may get a little bit confusing. You know, sections inside sections inside sections… Personally I find more pleasant the way VC behaves in the image attached last message… but thats my humble opinion…
    That said, all this is if it doesn’t conflict with the overall design philosophy of the theme, in which case my words make no sense and I offer my sincere apologies.

Thanks anyway for your dedication. Im pretty sure some more questions will arise as I build my site! πŸ˜‰

Rai
    July 30, 2014 at 4:18 am #2305

Hi @juandoscuartos,

Thank you for your feedbacks πŸ™‚
    Well, we’ve think about that before we decided to integrate VC into Jkreativ. Why we use root Row as Section (cannot divide into columns) because each section has their options, especially Parallax Background which is imposibble to setup if you divide into columns. We hope you guys can understand now πŸ™‚

Thank you again πŸ˜€

kinger86
    July 30, 2014 at 7:40 am #2307

Hi Guys,

I have built a pretty in depth landing page with the legacy page builder prior to the release of the visual composer. I want to know is it possible to convert the page built with the legacy page builder into the visual composer format without manually creating the page again.

Awesome theme!

Cheers,

JK

juandoscuartos
    July 30, 2014 at 8:36 am #2308

Hi Rai,

you see, I was thinking the very same thing later on after posting the message as I was working on the theme.
    Crystal-clear; it has to be like that! πŸ˜‰

Back to this amazing theme! πŸ™‚

Rai
    July 30, 2014 at 2:47 pm #2330

@kinger86 : I’m afraid you can’t do that, because basically those have different method to translate options into page. Maybe some shortcode can be copy-paste, but I’m not quite sure.

@juandoscuartos : you’re cool πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.