Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Upgrading WP to 4.5.2 has broken Landing Navigation and Custom Teaser

hedgehogweb
    May 7, 2016 at 2:34 pm #20132

First Problem: the vertical ‘landing navigation’ bar (circles or default-squares which sits on the right-hand-side of the webpage) is no longer functioning. It shows there but clicking on it does not navigate anywhere and it is not highlighting the current position on the page anymore.

Second Problem: the VC-Custom Teaser dialogue box has disappeared from the post Edit page, so I cannot create/change my custom thumbnails etc, required for the JKreativ categorised Post Grids. I use this for news items in a grid format, where I do not want the same teaser image displayed on the actual Post page like the larger ‘featured image’ would be.

I was running WP 4.4.3 with JKreativ 2.2.6 with included Visual Composer 4.4.3 and everything was working great. Just before I backed up the site to migrate it to a live server, I had an email from WordPress saying it had upgraded itself to WP 4.5.2 and then the above functions were suddenly lost.

I have upgraded the theme to JKreativ 2.3.7 and VC to 4.11.2 just in case any code in WP 4.5.2 is relied upon, but it has made no difference.

I want to use this theme on other sites, but I won’t be able to if these functions cannot be recovered. Please help!

Adek
    May 9, 2016 at 3:17 am #20148

Hi hedgehogweb,

That bug happen since the latest update of WordPress and the error comes from Mega Main Menu plugin. We’re still waiting for Mega Main Menu Plugin update.

In this case you will need to go edit this file wp-content/plugins/mega_main_menu/src/js/frontend/menu_functions.js and then jump into line 118 and you will find this code below :

You will need to change a[href=#]:not([href=#]) to a[href=\\#]:not([href=\\#])

Thank you

hedgehogweb
    May 9, 2016 at 11:58 am #20163

That fixed it. Fantastic – You are a star!!

All I need sorting now is the missing VC-Teaser section in the Post Editor.

Adek
    May 10, 2016 at 3:15 am #20178

Hi hedgehogweb,

Unfortunately currently our theme will not support this feature, but we’ll note this as feature request and might implement it in the future.

Thank you

hedgehogweb
    May 16, 2016 at 10:26 am #20295

Thanks. Until then, I suppose I’ll have to find another plugin to regain that functionality.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.