Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Updated plugins and lost some settings (my mistake?)

positweb
    April 4, 2015 at 8:38 am #10575

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help with advice about this problem …

Currently using JKreativ version 2.2.7 (and Envato Toolkit for updates) but was getting messages in dashboard saying … “The following plugins need to be updated to their latest versions to ensure maximum compatibility with this theme: Revolution Slider and WPBakery Visual Composer.”

When I tried to update VC in the dashboard, it gave me an error. I figured out this was due to version compatibility. I found your support page regarding updates here ~~> http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/themes-plugins-update/

This page says “Updating Required Plugins … Installing the new version of required plugin, almost the same as installing plugin previously. You can update the required plugin by remove the current version you have on your server and then go to Appearance→Install Plugins to install the newer version.”

So I deactivated and deleted the VC plugin and re-installed and re-activated (from Install Required Plugins page). That seemed to work OK (bringing VC up to version 4.4.2). Then I did the same with Revolution Slider, which brought it up to version 4.6.5 … and now all sliders are gone (oops!?)

I think maybe I was supposed to export all sliders before the update? and then import them back in again after updating the plugin? Do you have any other advice to help me? (or do I just have to remember all the settings and rebuild all the sliders). I do have a recent backup of the SQL and for the site (both are about 2 weeks old).

positweb
    April 5, 2015 at 9:17 am #10578

Ended up rebuilding all the sliders over the past 24 hours.

If there is no better way to update Revolution Slider, then maybe a warning notice in the support instructions ~~> http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/themes-plugins-update/ would be helpful?
    (to remind people to export all sliders before updating, as they will be lost during update)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  positweb.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  positweb.
    Adek
    April 6, 2015 at 7:16 am #10599

Hi positweb,

Sorry for this inconvenience. But i also install these theme on my local server and keep using new version of theme and required plugins that come with these theme. But i didn’t find any issue like that when i updating themes and plugins. If so you can make backup or export your slider.

Thank you

positweb
    April 6, 2015 at 8:42 am #10615

Hi Dek,

Yes — Now I know to export the sliders!

The theme updates automatically from Envato Toolkit, but that does not update the plugins. The support page says remove the plugin and install again using the theme’s required plugins installer. This is why a warning in the support page instructions (to export sliders before updating the plugin) would be helpful. Next time I will know to export first … But others might not know this … to export first — update — then import again.

Adek
    April 6, 2015 at 9:16 am #10622

Thanks for your suggestion. We will going to add this notice on our documentation as soon.

Regards.

positweb
    April 6, 2015 at 10:02 am #10629

Terima Kasih Dek 🙂

Adek
    April 6, 2015 at 10:21 am #10631

You’re welcome positweb

Hope you can enjoy work with JKreativ 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.