Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Update to Version 2.3.6 Fatal error! Please help!

waroog
    January 20, 2016 at 7:21 am #17859

Hi,

After installing “successfully” Version 2.3.6, the website doesn’t work, and the wordpress page will not open! I get the following message whatever I do

“Fatal error: Call to undefined function vc_add_shortcode_param() in /home/content/p3nexnas06_data02/03/2147303/html/wp-content/themes/jkreativ-themes/admin/vc/extend.php on line 27”

The website is bobotisarchitects.com

Please help me!

Lukas

waroog
    January 20, 2016 at 8:17 am #17860

I managed to activate another theme in order to gain access to wordpress. Still, when I go to appearance/theme and chose a live preview of the jkreativ theme, I get the same fatal error message…
    I’m now waiting for your answer on how to proceed with my problem.

Lukas

Adek
    January 20, 2016 at 9:19 am #17863

Hi Lukas,

Please make sure if you’ve been install and activated required plugin that related with Jkreativ.

Let us know if you still getting problem in there.

Thank you

waroog
    January 20, 2016 at 9:21 am #17864

yes, I just tried deactivating the additional plugins and checking on the live preview but I still get the same problem.

waroog
    January 20, 2016 at 10:07 am #17865

I realised that the jkreativ plugin would show on the side of wordpress. I cannot delete it and reinstall. I get the message that “You cannot delete a plugin while it is active on the main site.” even though I have activated a different theme in order to access wordpress

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  waroog.
    waroog
    January 20, 2016 at 1:29 pm #17869

Guys, our company has been without a website since the update! I urgently need help here…

waroog
    January 21, 2016 at 6:55 am #17873

Do I need to pay for support? If not, I’m I not supposed to get some kind of answer? We’ve been without a website for a full day just because I updated! THIS IS URGENT, PLEASE HELP US

waroog
    January 21, 2016 at 8:42 am #17877

I deleted and reinstalled jkreativ & VC plugins.
    My site is on again.

Adek
    January 21, 2016 at 8:46 am #17879

Hi Lukas,

I’m sorry for late reply your message and we will try to help you based on your problem in there asap. Please check our Support Policy right here http://support.jegtheme.com/support-policy/

Anyway, glad to hear if you’ve be able to resolve those problem. Let us know if you need something in there.

Thank you

waroog
    January 21, 2016 at 9:24 am #17885

Hi,

I respect your support policy. In my case, the problem occurred after I installed the update. For whatever reason, the update didn’t work for me and took our website offline and made wordpress unreachable. Being not an experienced user and receiving no answers from your support, I had to start trying things that made me sweat in agony for a full day, as I didn’t really know if I was destroying all the work that had be done so far. Finally the answer to my problem was very simple but it took me a very long time to find the solution.

I also understand that dealing with users that do not “speak the same language” in terms of programming must be a pain in the a$$ and I probably was one of those pains. Someone might say “if you cannot do it properly, hire a professional”. Well, I like trying and learning and sometimes I need some extra support (I believe there are a quite a few users on the same boat here).
    Anyway, I found my way out of the problem and learned something new.

Lukas

Adek
    January 22, 2016 at 2:01 am #17901

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your attention for us and sorry for this inconvenience.

Let us know if you need something in there and we will try to help you as long as we can.

Best Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.