Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Update from 2.3.4

dannyg
    February 23, 2018 at 9:49 am #28930

Hello

I created my website several years ago. It has been great. However, now I’d like to add some things to it. I cannot use the visual composer any more. I am still running version 2.3.4 – How do I update my website to the current version of the plugin and theme without damaging the site. I am very worried that I will lose my website when I attempt to update. What is the process to update? How can I ensure my site is backed up just in case something goes wrong.

Thanks!
    Danny
    http://www.wasound.com

Adek
    March 2, 2018 at 10:11 am #29174

Hi Danny,

Sorry for the late reply.

For updating, you can create a backup file before doing the update. You need to backup the WordPress root directory and the database. It would be better if you can contact your server administrator regarding this thing. Let me know if you have further question.

For complete information about theme and plugin update, you can check our documentation right here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/themes-plugins-update/

Thank you

dannyg
    March 3, 2018 at 9:28 am #29220

Thank you, I have backed up my site and updated the theme. It seems to run just fine, but it says that WP Bakery was not able to update because it needs a license code.

Do I need to do something special to update the visual composer? I need to create a new page on my site and need to utilize the composer. Is there a license key that I need to update? Do you have instructions available for this process? I’m running version 4.7.4

Adek
    March 7, 2018 at 10:31 am #29334

Hi dannyg,

You don’t need to worry about the license of WP Bakery plugin. That plugin will still works fine without activating the plugin license. We’ve been including JKreativ with extending license of that plugin and for plugin update, we will provide it when doing next theme update.

Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

dannyg
    March 7, 2018 at 12:41 pm #29339

It does not seem to work – the visual composer does not show up. It only shows “backend”, and when i click to visual it does not do anything…

Adek
    March 8, 2018 at 10:11 am #29380

Hi dannyg,

Regarding this issue, can you please provide me login to the WP admin of your website? I will need to check it directly on my side. You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

dannyg
    March 8, 2018 at 2:47 pm #29384
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    March 9, 2018 at 11:13 am #29418

Hi dannyg,

Please try to update Visual Composer to version 5.4.5 because i can’t do that without your permission. For more detail, about plugin update, you can visit our documentation right here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/themes-plugins-update/

Thank you

dannyg
    March 11, 2018 at 1:48 am #29439
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dannyg
    March 19, 2018 at 2:56 am #29673

Hello – can you please assist me with this

Adek
    March 19, 2018 at 11:56 am #29701

Hi dannyg,

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve update VC plugin on your website and it seems just works fine in there. Kindly you can check it out.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.