Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Unable to upgrade theme

happypal
    February 10, 2017 at 10:31 pm #23032

Hello, a client of mine gave me a mandate to fix an issue on this site. We is using an earlier version of the Jkreativ. On the home page, he gets the following message,

Legacy Section Builder
    You see this message because you updating themes into version 2.0.0
    If you need to enable legacy section builder, go to Jkreativ Dashboard > General Setting > Enable Legacy Section Builder (Enable this option)
    On Update 2.0.0 We are including Visual Composer into Themes, and we encourage you to use Visual Commposer instead Legacy Section Builder

What I did was to go on Jkreativ to Enable Legacy Section Builder, but there is an error. Since the previous designer is not reachable and I did not have access to the theme original files and purchase code. I purchased the theme again in order to make and update so that hopefully the error would be fixed. In uploading the new theme files, I get errors when uploading a few of the files and then the website stops responding. I also cannot upload the zip file of the theme.

Could you please assist in eliminating the error on this page and also provide me with steps to make a successful update of the main and the child theme?

Thank you!

Adek
    February 11, 2017 at 12:19 am #23033

Hi happypal,

With the version 2.0.0 of Jkreativ themes or higher, we’ve been include two option landing page builder template which is Landing Page Builder – Legacy Section Builder (using shortcode) and Landing Page Builder – Visual Composer.

I’m not quite sure what you mean with you can’t access the previous designer on this thing, it may i will need to check it directly and need access into your wp admin panel. You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

About installing new theme, please check our documentation right here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/themes-installation-activation-2/

Thank you

happypal
    February 11, 2017 at 2:35 am #23037
    This reply has been marked as private.
    happypal
    February 11, 2017 at 4:51 am #23038
    Adek
    February 11, 2017 at 5:30 am #23039

Hi Ali,

I’ve been check your site previously. Please try to disable the child theme and revert back to using parent theme instead just for a while so i can make some test in there.

Thank you

happypal
    February 11, 2017 at 5:39 am #23040

Hi, I did that. I actually activated the latest theme version, but most of the site is gone now and the home page still has the same error. Also, the Visual Composer is not activated yet. Thanks.

Adek
    February 11, 2017 at 5:51 am #23043
    happypal
    February 11, 2017 at 6:03 am #23044

Yes, that is the problem that I have had for a long time.

I have disabled them now.

Ali

Adek
    February 11, 2017 at 6:07 am #23045

Hi Ali,

I’ve check your site again and it seems they just works fine on my side. I assume there is conflict between theme and certain plugin in there.

Thank you

happypal
    February 11, 2017 at 6:47 am #23049

Thanks for our help in this regard. I appreciate it.

Adek
    February 13, 2017 at 1:36 am #23053

Youโ€™re welcome happypal

Anyway, if we get 5 star rating for this? ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope you can enjoy work with Jkreativ and let us know if you need more help in there.

Thank you

happypal
    February 13, 2017 at 5:40 pm #23065

Hi, already done. Thank you!

Adek
    February 14, 2017 at 1:42 am #23067

Thanks happypal ๐Ÿ˜€ really appreciate it.

Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.