Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Trending Posts Slider – Only 1 post displayed, not displaying top visited posts

fshih
    May 5, 2016 at 11:11 am #20115

Hi there,

Issue #1: My trending posts slider used to display 3 posts but when I checked it today, only 1 post is being displayed. I didn’t make any changes to the settings – Yogawinetravel.com.

Slideshow Speed = 5
    Popular Post Count = 3
    Carousel Column = 3

Issue #2: I don’t think the slider is displaying the most popular posts (by page view). Can you please let me know how I can fix this?

Is there something I need to update?

Thanks,

Florence

Rai
    May 7, 2016 at 2:36 am #20127

Hi Florence,

1) This is common problem on previous version. Could you tell me your Falive Plugin & theme version? Please also check the WordPress Popular Posts stats data.

2) Actually, slider (above popular post) is displaying recent posts.

Thank you

fshih
    May 7, 2016 at 5:06 am #20130

Hi Rai,

Thanks for getting back to me. The Plugin version is 1.0.2 and the theme version is 1.1.1 but I am using the Child theme (version 1.0.0). For some reason the WordPress Popular Posts stats says – Sorry. No data so far? I am using version 3.3.3. The trending posts aren’t showing up at all now.

Re: #2, sorry – I meant the trending post slider, not the main slider.

Maybe these two problems are related?

Thank you!

Florence

Rai
    May 9, 2016 at 2:16 am #20138

Hi Florence,

1. You’re using the latest version actually. It is because there is no data to show, it require traffic to some posts so the popular posts plugin can fetch data. Do you have traffic already? You can also view several of your posts for manual generated data.

2. The popular posts show monthly top views posts. As I mentioned at point 1, it require traffic to fetch data.

If you use any caching plugin such as WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache, please try to clear cache.

Thank you

fshih
    May 10, 2016 at 7:14 pm #20203

Hi Rai,

There definitely is traffic but the plugin still says that there is no data available. I have tried manually generating the data and still nothing. I don’t use any caching plugin – any ideas?

Thanks,

Florence

Rai
    May 12, 2016 at 1:40 am #20225

Hi Florence,

Well, it may because plugin conflict. Could you try to disable other plugin but not theme’s required plugins?
    If the problem still, we may require to access your backend for further investigation.

Thank you

fshih
    May 12, 2016 at 8:57 am #20235
    This reply has been marked as private.
    fshih
    May 12, 2016 at 8:57 am #20236

Just replied privately with my login details. Thank you!

fshih
    May 12, 2016 at 10:12 am #20237

Rai,

I turned off the data sampling feature and switched off some more plugins and it appears to be working again. Thank you for your speedy response – marked this thread as resolved!

Rai
    May 13, 2016 at 1:06 am #20244

Hi Florence,

Glad to hear your site working now!

Thank you

fshih
    May 13, 2016 at 9:47 am #20264

Hi Rai,

Sure – it was the WPP plugin that had the data sampling feature (under Settings – Tools).

Not sure exactly which plugin was interfering, but a combination of things seemed to get it working again!

Rai
    May 16, 2016 at 1:38 am #20286

Hi fshih,

Thank you for letting us know.

Best regards

rpenmore
    June 17, 2016 at 3:04 pm #20775

Hi Rai,

I am having the same problem on my site – ‘trending posts’ is showing my posts in chronological order (oldest first) rather than most visited.

When I visit: Settings > WordPress Popular Posts > Stats
    I can see the list of my posted visited posts, which doesn’t correspond with what is actually showing up in the ‘trending posts’ section.

I’ve tried turning off plugins but that hasn’t seemed to work. Is there anything you can suggest? Or might you be able to please take a look for me?

Many thanks
    Rebecca

Rai
    June 18, 2016 at 1:23 am #20781

Hi Rebecca,

It is because this theme showing popular post based on Last 30 days (monthly) data, please be sure to check monthly data at the WordPress Popular Posts Stats.

Thank you

rpenmore
    June 21, 2016 at 3:44 pm #20848

Hi Rai, it doesn’t correspond to my monthly data either. It’s just shows my posts in chronological order.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.