Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Translation

medialifesf
    December 21, 2014 at 12:26 pm #7822

Hi! Is it possible to translate certain basic parts of the theme from English to another language and how? For example the button Contunie Reading.
    Have you included this somewhere in the theme options? Thanks!

Adek
    December 23, 2014 at 5:20 am #7916

Hi medialifesf,

It seems we’re not provide those kind of option on theme options. Anyway may i know which page that you referring to, or can you tell me what kind of page template that you use on those page?

Thank you

medialifesf
    January 13, 2015 at 9:28 am #8317

Hi! I am using the Architect style of JKreativ theme.
    For example I use the normal blog layout with a sidebar and there is a button Continue reading which I want to translate.

But I need to know how to translate also other words – for example under every article in blog layout there are words Tags, Category which I need to translate too

finalcut47
    January 13, 2015 at 11:55 am #8323

Sottoscrivo la discussione.

Adek
    January 16, 2015 at 9:19 am #8371

Hi guys,

Please take a look in this topic http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/question-about-a-translation-of-few-words/
    Let me know if you have any question on this thing.

Thank you

medialifesf
    January 16, 2015 at 9:48 am #8373

Hi! Thanks a lot! This topic worked for me for translating CONTINUE READING and Page 1 from 3 (at the bottom of a page).

But I couldn’t find how to translate the words CATEGORY and TAGS at the bottom of an article. The file article-masonry-bottom-meta.php have no such options.

Could you please suggest me something else? Thanks!

Adek
    January 17, 2015 at 9:15 am #8397

Hi medialifesf,

Can you provide me the url of the page that you referring to? I will check it further.

Thank you

medialifesf
    January 17, 2015 at 12:32 pm #8403
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    January 19, 2015 at 9:41 am #8436

Hi medialifesf,

You can edit this file to change those word jkreativ-themes/template/blogspot/article-meta.php

Thank you

medialifesf
    January 20, 2015 at 10:51 am #8469

Can you please provide me the lines and the code that I should change to translate those words? Thanks!

Adek
    January 21, 2015 at 9:55 am #8502

Hi medialifesf,

On those file, jump into line 11 and edit Category word.

For the Tags, please note you will need to edit the original file on wordpress. Go to this file wordpress/wp-includes/category-template.php jump into line 1199 and edit Tags word.

Thank you

medialifesf
    January 21, 2015 at 10:05 am #8507

Hi! Thanks! I have activated a child theme in order not to lose any code changes after update of WordPress or the theme. But the problem is that when I edit the article-meta.php and put it in /themes/jkreativ-child/template/blogspot, nothing changed. The translation applied when I edit the file in the parent theme. Can you help me how to apply the change in the child theme?
    The same question is for the category-template.php. If I change the file in wordpress/wp-includes, I think the change will nbe lost after WordPress update? Where should I put the edited file category-template.php in order not to lose the change?

Adek
    January 26, 2015 at 8:55 am #8591

Hi medialifesf,

1. For article-meta.php, you need to copy all of file on blogspot folder.

2. For the category-template.php, it seems you need to make backup those file on this thing.

Thank you

medialifesf
    January 26, 2015 at 9:50 am #8597

Hi! Thanks! For the article-meta.php I copied all the files from parent theme folder blogspot to the child theme folder.

For the category-template.php I didn’t get what do you mean by “you need to make backup those file on this thing”. Is there a way to copy that file to the child theme and where exactly in the child theme folder?

Adek
    January 27, 2015 at 6:09 am #8625

Hi medialifesf,

I don’t know about that. But i suggest to you to make backup file. Its mean after you have make some change on category-template.php then you need copy those file. And when you updating wordpress into newer version you just need to used copied category-template.php previously.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.