Documentation

Forum

Menu

Translation Setting JPhotolio Multilanguage

nuzdesign
    January 10, 2016 at 7:45 pm #17528

Hello,
    I have two questions on the Jphotolio Theme :

1 ) Iā€™m using WPML pluginIn and i have almost translated every content, but i cannot change in Multilingual mode the strings of the theme related to : General , Blog , Contact, Portfolio , Comment.
    How can i change this strings in multi language mode ?
    I have to change the .po and / or .mo file?

2 ) I put as Homepage this page of the blog , but I do not work paging . If I go home and I click on page two , it is always on the first paging ā€¦. can you help?

Thank a lot , iā€™m waiting for your answer

Nuz

Jegbagus
    January 11, 2016 at 2:00 am #17534

hi Nuz,

1. may i know where you can find those string? on backend? or on front end? and can you tell me exactly what kind of string that not translatable?

2. yes i think its how wordpress behave now (on latest version of WordPress). you cannot use blog template as landing page. you will need to set it as “Your latest posts” as your landing page.

Thank you

Jegbagus
    January 11, 2016 at 2:07 am #17536

hi nuz, for your second question, it seems its bug on WordPress. Please take a look right here : https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35344

hopefully in next version of wordpress, it can be fixed.

Thank you

nuzdesign
    January 12, 2016 at 2:31 pm #17607

hi jegbagus,
    For 2) question…thanks, i’m waiting and hope for the wp upgrade and fix the paging problem.

for 1) question :
    My problem is how can i translate for example the alt text when you on mouse over the icon of social sharing icons and all the string that i could change and control from translation Jphotolio panel inside wp control.

I hope I was clear and you can help me.

thnks
    nuz

Jegbagus
    January 14, 2016 at 3:26 am #17667

hi nuzdesign, to change share string on blog you can do it from your admin panel > translation > general > Share facebook

its what you want to change right?

Thank you

nuzdesign
    January 16, 2016 at 10:38 am #17754

Hi Jegbagus,
    Yes i want to change this and all other string that are under Admin Panel>Translation>General>….you are right but i’m looking for this and i’m afraid that is possible do that with only one translated language, but i need and i want do that in multilanguage version with Wpml.

I hope it’s clear my question and you understanding me…

thanks a lot , i’m waiting for.

nuz

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  nuzdesign.
    Jegbagus
    January 19, 2016 at 1:58 am #17794

hi nuzdesign, do you mean you want to translate the backend too?
    unfortunately we don’t have that kind of option right now.
    we are only giving option to translate the front end.

Thank you

nuzdesign
    January 22, 2016 at 9:07 pm #17919

ok it was not clear my question, i try and repeat :

I want to translate in multi language mode the tooltip text that appear on mouse over the social icons. I know that i can make this in control panel > Translation > General … but is possible only for one language, but i want to know if is possible do that in multi language mode with WPML.

please …. i hope is clear know.

nuzdesign

Jegbagus
    January 25, 2016 at 1:41 am #17942

hi nuzdesign, do you mean that you ask posibility to translate this themes into several language using WPML?
    if that so, and yes you can do it.

Thank you

nuzdesign
    January 25, 2016 at 3:02 pm #17962

ok Jegbagus, i’m become crazy now , I certainly do not write well in English, but I’ll try for the ‘ last time to explain, after which I give up…. šŸ™

Then ….
    I know that is possible to make a multilanguage site in WPML with Jphotolio, I already did it… but my question is different…
    this is my website : http://www.rosysite.it , I ‘ve translated everything in two languages ā€‹ā€‹, Italian and English.

But i want translate in “MULTILANGUAGE MODE” when you go up to the social icons the tooltip on mouse over ( Share on Facebook, Share on Google, Share on Twitter…etcetcc) in the blog page http://www.rosysite.it/it/

There are some string that is not possible translate with WPML and then and I want to know from you how to do this.

PLEASE Help me !

nuzdesign

Jegbagus
    January 26, 2016 at 2:10 am #17971

ah i understand your question. on your themes folder, you have folder named as “lang”, you will need to translate those default.mo / po to your language.

so if you are using italian, you should create it-IT.po & it-IT.mo file with translated word. and place it right there too. you can use https://poedit.net/ to translate all word.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.