Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Top Navigation Text Color Settings

glibero
    April 27, 2017 at 1:52 am #23573

Hello!

I purchased your theme a few years ago and recently bought another license a few weeks ago for new site. I am running into some problems that I hoped would have been fixed in subsequent releases but seem to still be an issue.

I’m trying to adjust the normal and hover states of the top navigation (not the mega menu, just regular top nav) from inside the Appearance> Customize section of WordPress. When I make changes in there, they either don’t take or only some options don’t take. For example, I can change the hover background color at will, but when I attmpet to change the hover font color, it just doesn’t work. I had to fix this on my other site by using custom CSS to control the font colors in their normal and hover states. I’ve tried adding custom CSS for .topnavigation, but that doesn’t seem to be working either (which is probably my own doing as I’m a novice at CSS).

Would you be able to assist? It would be great if this just worked from inside the Customize console.

Thanks!
    Gary

Adek
    April 28, 2017 at 2:17 am #23582

Hi Gary,

Please try to disable all plugins except required plugin that come with our theme just for a while. Also, we’ve released new version of Jkreativ, kindly you can check it out if you’re not using the latest version yet which is v2.4.2

Thank you

glibero
    April 28, 2017 at 3:08 pm #23602

Hey Adek! Thanks for the info. I went in and deactivated all the plugins from a previous theme and also installed the 2.4.2 update today (I was only 2.4.1), but I’m still getting the same results when using the Customize section. For some reason, the Menu Text and Hover Menu Text options are not changing when I alter the colors. The Hover Background works fine.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks!
    G

Adek
    May 1, 2017 at 2:15 am #23629
    This reply has been marked as private.
    glibero
    May 1, 2017 at 11:51 am #23664
    Adek
    May 2, 2017 at 2:00 am #23667
    glibero
    May 2, 2017 at 4:42 pm #23694
    Adek
    May 3, 2017 at 2:10 am #23696

Hi Gary,

Yeah i see the problem. In this case you need to update several theme file. You can follow the instruction below :

1. Go to replace this file /jkreativ-themes/template/additionalcss.php with this one https://pastebin.com/1pbTKdgf

2. Go to replace this file /jkreativ-themes/public/js/customizer/top-nav-customizer.js with this one https://pastebin.com/m2ZhRwx4

After that, please clear your browser cache. Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

glibero
    May 3, 2017 at 1:56 pm #23713

Thanks for these files! They seems to have worked for the most part, but I’m still having an issue with the Hover Menu Background. I’d like to set it to not have a color. If I change the colors, they work fine, but if I clear the hex value, a black background with a light opacity still appears. How can this be fixed?

Thanks!
    G

Adek
    May 4, 2017 at 1:53 am #23717

Hi Gary,

Yeah i got it. You may try to set the hover background color of menu item into the same color as the background color of top navigation.

Or you can override the color by using css code below :

Thank you

glibero
    May 4, 2017 at 2:03 pm #23723

That css code worked perfectly! Thanks for all your help on this! I’m actually purchasing another license of JKreativ today for another client I just obtained. Great theme!

Have an awesome day!
    G

Adek
    May 5, 2017 at 1:37 am #23724

Hi Gary,

Glad to hear that. Hopefully you can enjoy work with JKreativ. Anyway, don’t forget to give us 5 star rating 😀

Let us know if you need something else in there.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.