Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

This website isn't responsive on SAFARI

tamedfox
    December 29, 2015 at 9:35 pm #17230

Hi,

I believe I have sent you this topic weeks ago. But your team ignore my messages and didn’t reply me at all.
    Can you please make this website : thelynnhu.com responsive on SAFARI? I am going to submit this website to my friend today, what do you suggest I explain this situation to him?

Adek
    December 30, 2015 at 2:21 am #17240

Hi tamedfox,

Can you help me to tell the detail of problem that you getting in there, something like the screen resolution that you use and which element or section that not responsive as you said on above, so we can easily to help you on this thing.

Thank you

tamedfox
    December 30, 2015 at 3:37 am #17248

Hi, thank you for reply.

I am not sure what to say here. The issue is so obvious.

The website couldn’t load on Safari, very slow and a lots of element went missing.
    It took me more than 5 mins to load this website on Safari! It’s so unusual.

Please try to solve this quickly, I have waiting for this answer for 2 weeks.

Thank you

tamedfox
    December 30, 2015 at 2:59 pm #17254

Hi,

For you to see the issue more clearly, please check this video

and then you will see how this website function badly on safari. Please fix this issue before new year, I have been waiting for you to solve this problem for too long.

Thank you.

Adek
    January 1, 2016 at 2:43 am #17269

Hi tamedfox,

Actually it’s weird for me. You can take a look on the attached video url below :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c12o2c1xv41z8rh/safari.mov?dl=0

On my side your site just work fine except the parallax will looks like a bit jerky and this problem is actually on browser side instead of on our code. This problem is because Safari unable to understand RAF (request animation frame) perfectly.

Thank you

tamedfox
    January 1, 2016 at 3:38 am #17272

Hi,

Thank you so much for reply.

Yes, the website is shakey when I tried to scroll down the page. So is there any possible solution for this problem? I didn’t know this will happened before I decided to apply this theme.

Or if you may, please explain the point why Safari don’t understand RAF? Because I need to let my friend know why I am not able to solve this.

Thank you and Happy New Years

Adek
    January 1, 2016 at 3:43 am #17274

Hi tamedfox,

We are using this RAF very extensively so we can get super smooth animation on chrome and firefox that implement RAF on their browser better than IE dan Safari.

We will continue to look after IE and Safari development, and hopefully they will fix this issues.

Thank you

tamedfox
    January 1, 2016 at 3:45 am #17275

Hi,

Do you know the reason why IE and Safari doesn’t really support RAF? any particular reason?

Thank you

tamedfox
    January 1, 2016 at 4:01 am #17279

Hi,

Here are some answer from internet, maybe you can try to apply it on my website, and see if it will make the animation smoother?

http://w3javascript.com/question/requestanimationframe-not-available-in-safari-how-to-do-fluid-animations/

Thank you

tamedfox
    January 1, 2016 at 4:14 am #17280

Hi,

And to be honest, this issue has been discussed since 2011, and a lot of developer talked about this and gave a lots of possible solution online. It’s four years ago, I don’t think your reply is acceptable and I am also very disappointing to know that you have no intention to solve this problem for your customers.

Here’s another possible solution, please check and tried to see if it can be applied onto this theme.
    https://www.nczonline.net/blog/2011/05/03/better-javascript-animations-with-requestanimationframe/

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  tamedfox.
    Adek
    January 1, 2016 at 4:49 am #17284

Hi tamedfox,

Thanks for your attention and suggestion, really appreciate it. But i don’t think so if we have no intention to solve this problem, we are not happy if we get complain every day about this kind of issue from our customer. It’s no. We always try to take a look on this issue and make this issue go away as soon as humanly possible and even on the another problems that our customer have. I hope you can be patient on this thing.

Thank you

tamedfox
    January 3, 2016 at 5:18 am #17299

Hi,

Thank you for reply, I appreciate it.

However, if this theme can’t properly function on Safari, then it won’t be fair to consumers if you claim it responsive. The “compatible with safari” on themeforest cause then it become a overstate advertisement. Two ways to solve this, first is to fix this issue as your developer team’s priority or it could be an temporarily idea that you take off the overstate sentence about “compatible with safari”.

Here the reference photos show where you mentioned “compatible with safari”
    https://www.evernote.com/l/AKErAeGhVqRBCbwsD_ULIRjT6RuAuJT4evc

Warmest regards,

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  tamedfox.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.