Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

The website is totally dead on safari!

tamedfox
    December 24, 2015 at 3:03 am #17142

Hi,

Please check this website: thelynnhu.com on Safari, which is totally dead. Not sure what to do to make it better (I can’t tell me clients to refresh the cache). Please let me know.

thank you

Adek
    December 24, 2015 at 3:22 am #17147

Hi tamedfox,

Actually, it’s weird for me. Can you help me to disable all of your plugins in there and just keep activate required plugin for a while. Just want to make sure if there is no conflict between our theme and you plugins in there.

Thank you

tamedfox
    December 24, 2015 at 3:24 am #17149

Hi,

Thank you for prompt reply. But I have tried to disable all the other plugins already. But the problem maintain. Is it any other possibility of this situation?

Thank you

Adek
    December 24, 2015 at 3:45 am #17153

Hi tamedfox,

I also install Jkreativ themes and required plugin activated as well (all latest version), but i don’t get those kind of issue. Also i see you’re using child themes in there, right? If so, please try to revert back to use parent themes instead.

Thank you

tamedfox
    December 24, 2015 at 3:50 am #17154

Hi,

I just did a quick test. The issue remain.
    Please let me know what might went wrong.

Thank you

tamedfox
    December 28, 2015 at 5:19 pm #17219
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    December 30, 2015 at 2:04 am #17236

Hi tamedfox,

Sorry for late reply your previous message. Please note that while we always strive to answer your questions as soon as humanly possible, sometimes we are not able to do so for whatever reasons and we ask you to be patient during these times.

I’ve been check your site previously, and it’s weird for me because at the moment your site just works fine on chrome and safari browser.

Let us know if you getting another issue.

Thank you

ogout
    January 18, 2016 at 7:36 pm #17790

Hi, I encountered the same problem. On a Safari browser (and on iPhone’s of course as well) it shows no homepage, but downloads a document right away (??). But I have found the corrupting issue (but not the solution). It is the Landing slider on the homepage that causes this. I have made several sliders to test in the beginning. First one slider with a Youtube video embedded. But later one I replaced this video slider item with a background image. If I use a slider with just one item I have no problem on a desktop. Switching back to the old one it appears again.
    If I switch to ‘no heading’ the website appears again on iPhone’s.

Loading the homepage takes also a lot of time, but testing it with PageSpeed Insights I have a 100/100 score: no issues. I also got a reply from someone saying the homepage was taking a lot of time as it was downloading something from YouTube (??), but that file was deleted weeks earlier.

I work on JKreative 2.3.4 / WordPress 4.3.2

So my question is: does this sound familiar? Does this reflects other posts about RAF (request animation frame) as well? And how to cope with this?

Thanks and regards.

Adek
    January 19, 2016 at 6:24 am #17806

Hi ogout,

Thanks for your detail info about the problem that you get in there.

Please provide me the url of your site so i can check it further on my side.

Thank you

ogout
    January 20, 2016 at 8:44 am #17862

Hi Dek,

The issue returned unfortunately. But again I think where the bug must be found ;-). I installed the plugin ‘W3 Total Cache’ and after that the issue started. I have reset some things so the site is up and running, but I am back to a bad performance in Google PageSpeed. I installed this plugin also on other website and the same issue appeared. I will dive into it next weekend. But for the meantime, have a look at my website for yourself, as I am very pleased with the theme. http://www.in-huis.nl

Regards, Onno

Adek
    January 22, 2016 at 1:57 am #17899

Hi ogout,

I’ve been check your site on my side and it’s just work fine on my side.

Can you help me to tell more detail what kind of problem that you get in there so i can easily to help you out.

Thank you

ogout
    January 23, 2016 at 12:18 am #17920

Hi,

On the first mentioned website the problem seems to be fixed, although I am not sure what I did. At another website (with a different theme, sorry) I used the same plugin (W3 cache) with the same outcome. I reproduced this problem now by activating the plugin again. Review http://www.dg-webshop.nl on an iPhone and desktop/laptop. As it is night I have few visitors, tomorrow I will set it back. Regards and hari yang menyenangkan.

Onno

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.