Survey and Notification Popup
Post count: 5blesphilApril 11, 2018 at 11:38 pm #30383
Let me first congratulate for your awesome theme. I just had a couple of questions:
1. Will the Modal Survey plugin work with the theme without any problems? Just wanted to create a few surveys on the website.
https://codecanyon.net/item/modal-survey-wordpress-poll-survey-quiz-plugin/6533863 (the link for the plugin)
2. Do you have any suggestions for a good popup notification plugin when users first visit the website- something which I can display to let the users know that some of their data will be collected when they register on the website (to be in compliance with the latest EU laws)?
Thanks a lot!!!Post count: 5blesphilApril 12, 2018 at 4:58 am #30384
Also, The login and sign-up popup doesn’t work for me in the mobile layout. I’ve added the Account element to the drawer. But login and sign-up doesn’t do anything. My site is still on an offline development server. I can make it live temporarily if it’s needed.
Thanks a lot!Post count: 8307AdekApril 12, 2018 at 10:10 am #30395
Thanks for your kind words 🙂
1. I’m not quite sure yet because i never tested that plugin with JNews before. Also, we do not provide full support for 3rd party plugin.
3. It would be better if you can provide your site URL so i can check that issue on my side.
Thank youPost count: 5blesphilApril 12, 2018 at 12:40 pm #30398
Thank you for the prompt response. I’ve made the site live at the following link:
I’ve tried disabling the plugins (those that didn’t come with the theme), but that didn’t solve the mobile login issue.
And in a follow-up to the first query:
Thanks a lot.Post count: 8307AdekApril 13, 2018 at 9:58 am #30427
1. For the social login issue, i notice you’re using child theme in there. Can you please try to use the parent theme instead just for a while. Also, I’ve been trying to replicate your setup but it just works fine on my side.
2. It seems you’ve been finding a solution for the popup notification. Anyway, you can try to use this Popup Maker plugin (free) or Popup Ninja plugin (premium).
Thank youPost count: 5blesphilApril 13, 2018 at 1:14 pm #30437
Thanks a lot for your reply.
1. I tried activating the main theme, tried deactivating social login, but none of that seems to work. For now I can give a link to the my-account page for logging in and registering an account! But that breaks the symmetry and the normal popup login form doesn’t give the option of setting the user password and instead mails to them, while the form on the my-account page includes the password field as well.
2. Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I just wanted a few options that wouldn’t break the theme’s functionality! Thanks a lot for the options!!
BlesPost count: 8307AdekApril 16, 2018 at 9:07 am #30504
Regarding the mobile login issue , can you please provide me access to WP Admin of your site? I will try to do further investigation in there.
Thank youPost count: 5blesphilApril 17, 2018 at 1:38 pm #30637
Thanks a lot for the reply. I updated the theme to v2 and now it’s working fine. I’m not sure what the issue was. But now it’s working.
I just had a question- the “set password” page, when a new user signs up, is still the WordPress password page which does not get well at all, with the rest of the theme. Is there a way to customize that page?
Thanks a lot,Post count: 8307AdekApril 18, 2018 at 10:50 am #30699
I’m not sure which set password page that you mean on this thing. Can you provide me a screenshot of that page? Just want to make sure.
Thank youPost count: 5blesphilApril 18, 2018 at 1:10 pm #30713
I’m sorry for not being clear. What I meant is- when a new user registers using the sign-up form- he is sent a confirmation email in which he has asked to set the password using a link. When he clicks on that link- that link takes him to the wordpress default login page which is not at all in sync with the rest of the theme design. I have currently redesigned my login/password reset page with the Loginpress plugin since I had to make my website live, but I would rather not use an additional plugin just for that. I have attached a screenshot of my current login form/page which is very similar to the wordpress default one except that I’ve changed the wordpress logo and I gave a different background using the plugin.
Thanks a lot.Post count: 8307AdekApril 19, 2018 at 10:46 am #30767
Regarding this thing, you can try to visit this article https://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Login_Form about customizing the WordPress login form. But if you don’t know much about website programming language and how WordPress login works, i would recommend you keep using a plugin to handle it because it’s too risky customizing WordPress login. Let me know if you have further question.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.