Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Suddenly complete mess!

pppooo
    November 9, 2014 at 8:19 pm #6272

Hi,

I was working with the wordpress theme and everything was fine. Then, I wanted to integrate Google Maps with the jkreative tool and suddenly my entire site is a mess and takes an eternity to load! The landing navigation shows tipple the amount of elements I have and at the end of the last one there is a repetition of the previous ones. Also, it shows a disclaimer that is not visible in the backend anymore. And the worst… I can’t change anything because none of this is shown in my backend. According to that one, my site ends with the last element but if I preview it or upload it I see all these things that are not visible at the backend. So I don’t even have a chance to change them because they simply are not there. Help… what can I do?

Here is a link to the site: http://www.intellisex.info

Please help!

Thanks in advance,
    Phil

pppooo
    November 9, 2014 at 10:15 pm #6273

ok, I just set it back to a previous version, but I remain curious why that happened…

Adek
    November 10, 2014 at 12:23 pm #6296

Hi pppooo,

i’ve been check your site. And just works fine on my side. Can you tell me which problem that you having. So i can easily to help you on these thing.

Thank you

pppooo
    November 10, 2014 at 1:13 pm #6299

Hey,

thanks for your reply. As mentioned, I solved the problem by activating an earlier saved version. From that version on I continued to work by redoing the rest of the site. That’s why it looks good now.
    Maybe I should have made a screenshot… What I experienced was that suddenly after I integrated Google Maps with the jkreative tool everything that was below the integration point was lost in my wp backend but still visible online (even after uploading). But I could not change it anylonger because my backend did not show these parts anymore. Further, all entries before the Google Map entry were repeated after it but only with a part of the css active and the landing navigation showed the tripple amaount of entries, most of them with a black line instead of text. It was a complete mess and I don’t have a clue what went wrong.

I solved the issue by activating an earlier saved version but of course I needed to redo quite some work. I would just like to know what happened so that I can prevent it from happening again and avoiding losing hours of work done.

Best,
    Phil

Adek
    November 12, 2014 at 11:13 am #6349

Hi Phil,

What you mean with previous version? Anyway may i know your current version of theme and jkreativ plugin as well?

Thank you

pppooo
    November 13, 2014 at 4:05 pm #6385

Hi,

With previous version I mean that wordpress automatically saves the pages, so that you can go back to an earlier time of the site and activate it (and then, of course, you loose all changes you made after that point).

My current version of the theme is: 2.2.4

Plugins:
    Akismet: 3.0.3
    CodeStyling Localization: 1.99.30
    Contact Form 7: 4.0.1
    Contact Form 7 Datepicker: 2.4.5
    Envato WordPress Toolkit: 1.7.0
    Jkreativ Mail Subscribe List: 1.0.0
    Jkreativ Plugin: 1.2.1
    Mega Main Menu: 1.2.0
    No Page Comment: 1.0.7
    Revolution Slider: 4.6.0
    Simple Page Ordering: 2.2.3
    WooCommerce: 2.2.8
    WordPress Importer: 0.6.1
    WPBakery Visual Composer: 4.3.4
    WP Retina 2x: 2.2.0

Best,
    Phil

Adek
    November 15, 2014 at 10:34 am #6419

Hi Phil,

it seems you need to disable all plugin, except the required plugin that come with this theme. Because maybe if there were conflicts.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.