Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Stack Slider shows only 3 images

Travelcards
    January 25, 2016 at 1:49 pm #17959

Hi, I have a problem with the stack slider. It should show 4 images/link to articles. In my case it only shows the two top ones and one on the left. I miss the fourth image/article which should be on the bottom right (vertical).

Thanks,

Travelcards
    January 25, 2016 at 1:54 pm #17960

Actually it should show 5 images, I miss the 2 on the right bottom, and I discovered that the problem might be in the
    “Select Post Category(s) – Include post in this category(s)” which doeasn’t work if I select 2 cathegories. It works if i choose ALL. Might be a bug. Please help.

Thanks

Rai
    January 26, 2016 at 2:01 am #17966

Hi Travelcards,

It is because slider post filter handle post with multiple categories, it means it only display posts that have all categories you selected.

If you wish to use multiple categories like that, you need to update theme’s file located at: falive-themes/include/slider-stack.php

IMPORTANT NOTE: Use child theme for customization to prevent loosing your customization if there is update in future.

Thank you

Travelcards
    January 28, 2016 at 11:20 am #18054

Hi Rai,

since I will be doing these changes to the file falive-themes/include/slider-stack.php I am now worried beacuse I didn’t instal nor use the child theme. If in the future I need to update the theme will I have problems with these customisationg you are suggesting to files?

Please let me know if I need to instal the child theme, and if I do, how to not loose all my customisation via wordpress. So far I have only changed the file alive-themes/lib/jeg-functions.php due to a bug.

Thanks,

Moni

Rai
    January 29, 2016 at 1:15 am #18062

Hi Moni,

You need to install child theme first: falive-child, its included in main zip file you download from Themeforest. Copy all your customized file from parent (falive-theme) to child (falive-child), for example: falive-themes/include/slider-stack.php copy it to falive-child/include/slider-stack.php. After it’s all done, then activate the child theme.

Further information about child theme: https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Thank you

Travelcards
    January 29, 2016 at 3:12 pm #18080
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rai
    January 30, 2016 at 1:17 am #18084

glad to hear that 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.