Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Speed problems solved but error 500 after migration

ReHWolution
    January 16, 2016 at 9:29 pm #17759

Hello, fortunately, we managed to migrate to a better server (1&1 now), with a lot of hardware resources and the website is blazing fast 🙂
    BUT, there is a problem. Review menus don’t work. News work, if I load a single review, it’s gonna load, but clicking on breadcrumbs or menus related to reviews, I get an Error 500.
    Do you know what it could be? I honestly am already lucky to have been able to migrate (I know close to 0 in programming and database editing), everything works EXCEPT this thing that is related to the reviews custom post type. Could you please help me?
    Thanks a lot!
    P.S. Visual Composer now correctly works, it was just low hardware on the old server 😉

ReHWolution
    January 16, 2016 at 10:30 pm #17760

Ok I can give you more information about it: it’s because I’m using FastCGI instead of the Apache Module. So I need to modify the rewrite rules, right? But I don’t know how to do that. Can you help me?

Jegbagus
    January 18, 2016 at 1:51 am #17770

i don’t really know what is happening. error 500 is way to broad. it may because htaccess (if you migrate it from previous apache, it may cause the problem). im my self is not too bright on server administrator think. so i cannot tell you what is wrong, or how to convert anything to make it work correctly.

Thank you

ReHWolution
    January 18, 2016 at 5:33 pm #17787

You think you could help me figuring out what is it? I mean, if I activate the Apache module, it goes 500 everywhere. If I enable FastCGI, it’s just the menus… I don’t know what to do 🙁

Jegbagus
    January 19, 2016 at 1:56 am #17793

unfortunately i don’t. i don’t have much knowledge about server stuff especially fast cgi.
    i will recommend you to hire someone with that kind of knowledge to setup your server.

Thank you

ReHWolution
    January 19, 2016 at 4:18 pm #17829

Okay, maybe you can help me! It’s because of a child theme! Our webmaster quitted, but he used the child theme in order to make some modifications while supporting updates for your theme. Is it some kind of error generated by its modifications in the child theme maybe?

ReHWolution
    January 19, 2016 at 5:35 pm #17830

Ok, I dug deeper into the problem and I found a solution! It was a taxonomy-review error and I fixed it copying the default file from the theme into the child theme folder, I feel like a genius! Thanks for your patience! 🙂

Jegbagus
    January 20, 2016 at 1:17 am #17833

great ReHWolution, glad you able to resolve the problem.

Cheers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.