Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Site with large database of posts can't work with theme

bipedalist
    March 20, 2018 at 4:57 am #29720

I am hoping you’ll help me. I’ve been a Theme Forest user for many years and I’ve been having trouble lately with the themes I’ve bought – they just don’t work with wordpress anymore, not with sites that have a large database of posts and this is one of those. I would love for it to work with my site as I really dig it but it just doesn’t. Is there any way you can possibly fix that problem? It works fine if there are few posts in the database but I have about 13,000.

Adek
    March 20, 2018 at 11:24 am #29739

Hi bipedalist,

Regarding this issue, can you tell me more detail about it? is there’s an error message occur in there? It would be better if you can provide me an example of the problem that you get in there so i can check it on my side.

Thank you

bipedalist
    March 20, 2018 at 11:57 am #29746

I first tried to activate it on my site, awardsdaily.com. But it froze when I tried just that. So then I went to a test site and activated there. I was able to import demo data and it worked mostly fine. I did notice that the customization was extremely slow and felt buggy. When I then imported my wp-posts from the SQL database and then tried again to activate the theme on the test site and it took a very long time to activate and the customization would not work at all. I am wondering if there is some sort of indexing of posts that doesn’t like big database info with lots of posts.

Adek
    March 21, 2018 at 10:02 am #29781

Hi bipedalist,

Can you please try to disable all plugins except required plugin that related to JNews just for a while and see the result (if any other installed plugin). Also, can you please provide me the site URL that using JNews so i can check it directly on my side.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.