Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Setting up fullscreen layout

orvarh
    July 21, 2014 at 12:39 pm #1955

I’m using Revolution Slider and want the slider to be centered like the heading but it seems to be more to the right than it should.

The header is positioned well, but the slider image is too low which results in the scrollbar appearing, I don’t want the scrollbar to be visible at all.

Here is the live page and if you need access just send me a PM:
    http://kiosk.whalesoficeland.is/?page_id=32

Rai
    July 23, 2014 at 7:26 am #2014

Hi @orvarh,

I can’t open your site, not sure what the problem is.
    To make your element centered, make sure you pick center block on Align, Position & Styling on editing Slide. Please see screenshot:

Thank you

orvarh
    July 23, 2014 at 11:36 am #2032

Hi.

I have the image set as the background because then the slider animation is better and goes into the direction you navigate so I don’t have the above options for the image itself, just for the text.

The problem seems to be with the width of the template itself. If I set the Background fit = contain. The image will center itself, but then it is smaller than the size I want it in, which is 1280×720 px.

How do I make the sides of the template itself wider?

See the website for reference (it works!) and how the image is now going too far to the right even though I have the image set to Center-Center.

http://kiosk.whalesoficeland.is/

Orvar

Rai
    July 24, 2014 at 1:39 pm #2087

Hi Orvar,

Your slider container is bigger than content container. May I know what is Slider Layout do you use on Revolution Slider setting? If you use Auto Responsive your slider width must not bigger than container width.

Regards,

Rai

orvarh
    July 24, 2014 at 4:23 pm #2106

The Slide Layout I’m using is Fixed. Which I set to 1280 width.
    The container is obviously smaller by default, how do I change the container width to 1280?

Rai
    July 26, 2014 at 6:44 am #2159

Hi Orvar,

That’s why you get your slider bigger than container because use Fixed layout. It will break the responsive view also.
    To change container width you can add this CSS into Additional Style:

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.