Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Safari – Landing Page not working in Safari

pahdre
    June 16, 2016 at 7:14 pm #20760

Hi,

My website works fine in Google Chrome however, it isn’t working on Safari. The landing page video should automatically play and it’s not doing that. Also, the buttons on the homepage are not clickable.

Home

Can you please look into this.

Adek
    June 18, 2016 at 3:12 am #20786

Hi pahdre,

Please put this code below on the Jkreativ Dashboard > Additional Style :

If previously you mean the autoplay landing video, actually on safari browser we don’t provide autoplay feature because to make the video playing, it will need to human interaction something like click certain section of your site to make the video playing. We will take a look on this thing.

Thank you

pahdre
    June 18, 2016 at 4:11 pm #20800

The script worked and now I can press buttons on the homepage. However, the video is not clickable in safari. I see the play button but it doesn’t work when i press it. Also the text is blocking the play button.

The video header doesn’t work well in safari. Is there a way to put a static image on safari – but have the video showing in Google Chrome/other browsers? I really like the video (auto play) and would like it to work.

Why is it that sites like https://www.airbnb.com/ can auto play video headers but this theme can’t?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  pahdre.
    Adek
    June 20, 2016 at 8:38 am #20814

Hi pahdre,

Can you help me to provide login credentials into your wp admin panel so i can check it directly what actually happen in there. You can send it here and check the Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

pahdre
    June 20, 2016 at 4:32 pm #20831
    This reply has been marked as private.
    pahdre
    June 20, 2016 at 4:33 pm #20833
    This reply has been marked as private.
    pahdre
    June 21, 2016 at 4:40 pm #20849

Hi, i’m just following up on this.

Adek
    June 22, 2016 at 2:48 am #20868

Hi pahdre,

I’ve been login and check your site previously. It seems sometime your video works fine on Safari browser but sometime it wont load and the image fallback will show up instead. Anyway, you can check the attached video url below :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pva6g2jnblhahkb/safari.mov?dl=0

Thank you

pahdre
    June 22, 2016 at 3:03 am #20869

I’m still receiving this…
    http://goldspike.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Screen-Shot-2016-06-21-at-7.59.05-PM.png

also, i noticed, in your video, that the loading screen stayed on 19% for a very long time.

Adek
    June 22, 2016 at 7:58 am #20872

Hi pahdre,

Yeah, it seems on Safari browser it will take more time to load the video from youtube, so i can load properly on browser. But in this case sometime those video maybe failed to load and the image fallback will show up instead.

Thank you

pahdre
    June 22, 2016 at 4:06 pm #20883

Is there any way to fix this? Because Safari is one of the most popular browser that come to our website.

Also, if the video does not show, then there is no fallback image..it just goes to the background image.

These are serious bugs and although i love the theme I would hate to give it negative reviews because of these bugs.

Thanks

Adek
    June 23, 2016 at 8:52 am #20906

Hi pahdre,

Sorry for late reply. We will take a look on this thing. Please be patient for a while because it may take more time.

Thank you

pahdre
    June 28, 2016 at 5:02 pm #20971

Hi, any progress on this? Very important I figure this out as we get plenty of traffic every day.

Thank you!

Adek
    June 29, 2016 at 8:54 am #20983

Hi pahdre,

Unfortunately we don’t have a solution yet. It’s weird for me because the youtube video seems can’t loaded on the Safari browser and doesn’t seems playing because the image fallback not show up in there but only the video background instead. But in this case during we investigate your site sometime the video are auto play and sometime only the video background show in there as you can see on the attached video url that i provide previously and it’s auto play even take more time to load your site properly, and also we don’t find any error message on console panel.
    I’m sorry for this inconvenience, but we still try to find a solution and hopefully we can include it on the new theme update as soon.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.