Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Right Click Behavior – enable clickable link

Kawika
    July 3, 2014 at 5:34 am #1050

Hi Support,

My question has to do with the “right click protection” which show the movie like credits. We love this feature so much we would like to also add a clickable link which will also start the credits.

Thanks,

Kawika

Rai
    July 3, 2014 at 7:24 am #1056

Hi Kawika,

Unfortunately, there is no option to do that. It needs some tweaks to make those kind of feature.

Thank you

Kawika
    July 3, 2014 at 7:35 am #1058

Hi Rai,

I understand there no theme option for this but could you point me in the right direction to accomplish this.

Thank you,

Kawika

Jegbagus
    July 3, 2014 at 1:03 pm #1080

hi Kawika, you can use normal HTML. you will just need click edit HTML, and put your normal HTML like anchor tag.

Thank you

Kawika
    July 3, 2014 at 6:35 pm #1096

Hi Jegbasus,

Can you give me an example of what you mean by “click edit HTML” I’m familiar with HTML anchors but I’m not familiar with click edit HTML.

Thank you so much,

Kawika

Jegbagus
    July 3, 2014 at 8:30 pm #1100

its shortcode button above the text editor. here it is :

Thank you

Kawika
    July 3, 2014 at 8:38 pm #1102

Hi Jegbagus,

OK, but how do I make a anchor tag fire the right-click event so that it triggers “right click protection” which show the movie like credits.

My goal is to make a link or nav item say “View Movie Credits”

Thank you,
    Kawika

Jegbagus
    July 3, 2014 at 9:38 pm #1109

hi Kawika, may i know if you understand about javascript? if you do, i will be able to direct you how to make this kind of change.

Thank you

Kawika
    July 3, 2014 at 10:32 pm #1111

Hi Jegbagus,

I’m a new developer with limited understanding of javascript, but I should be able to follow your instructions. : )

Kawika

Jegbagus
    July 4, 2014 at 8:13 am #1118

hi Kawika, it seems too much code if i explain it here. can you send me message to [email protected] . i will give you code that you can use to get this kind of effect.

Thank you

schneidi2
    July 4, 2014 at 11:36 am #1129

I think this would be a nice feature for future updates ? Not only interesting for one user, for us all if it’s possible ? Maybe a menu link or similar ?

Jegbagus
    July 4, 2014 at 11:45 am #1130

hi schneidi2, yes i think it also a nice feature to have. but it will need you to add some class on link. its easy as long as you understand how to set it.

Thank you

schneidi2
    July 4, 2014 at 12:02 pm #1131

Hi Jegbagus,

Maybe you can gather it in your documentation that we all can do this ?

Thank you.

schneidi2
    July 4, 2014 at 12:08 pm #1132

Or better, I don’t know if this is possible. As an element in forthcoming Visual Composer that you can drag and drop this feature wherever you want.

Jegbagus
    July 4, 2014 at 12:23 pm #1135

hi schneidi2, i don’t think this kind of effect will work with visual composer. its just different kind of think.
    also adding class is actually easy, but it will need some understanding what is actually a class on HTML.
    and i think people who want something like this will have kind of technical knowledge even its little.

we are not implement it on current themes, i give Kawika a small change so he will be able to implement on his case. but here what you can use :

you need to overwrite file on jkreativ themes > public > js > internalmin > main.js with this code : http://pastebin.com/kLwtLmer
    after that, on your menu, you should give your menu a class “moviecredit”.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.