Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Resume List Page Issue

saupan
    August 15, 2016 at 12:50 pm #21599

When I click on the ‘Resume List’ link (http://focusareer.com/resume-list/), Restricted Page is getting displayed:

You do not have the correct role to be able to view this page.
    Error code: 403

I have following queries:
    1. I could not find any backend setting through which the page is set as restricted? How could I remove the restriction & make resume list page public?
    2. If no user is logged in, could I set the resume list’ page to display the employer login page, instead of the restricted page?

huwcole
    August 15, 2016 at 4:35 pm #21602

you don’t want to display the resume list page to the public. it is only for employers. I wouldn’t like it if i submitted my resume on your page and everyone could see it.

what i did is create my own page in the usual place where you create your pages. then go to jobplanet dashboard and at the bottom of the page settings list you find Restrictions Page. in the dropdown select your newly created page (title of page you created). and that’s it. also you should see the user account page in the list. i think tht would take you straight to the login page.

Jegbagus
    August 16, 2016 at 2:42 am #21619

hi saupan,

1. you can find it on jobplanet dashboard > Applicant Resume > Resume View Restrictions

2. i think it will need some kind of modification. but as huwcole said, you can also choose login page as your restricted page.

Thank you

saupan
    August 16, 2016 at 3:31 am #21620

@huwcole: I do agree with you on the idea of setting view privilege, however I couldn’t locate your Restrictions page in the list of usual pages.

@jegbagus: Is there a way to set some custom message (e.g. “Please first Login with your employer account to access this content.”) in the login page (used as the restriction page), other than modifying the template?

Thanks,

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  saupan.
    saupan
    August 16, 2016 at 4:21 am #21625

Hi, I think what I exactly seek is the page that is displayed when a user clicks on ‘create vacancy’ page. It displays the login page with custom message: “You need to login using an account with the “Employer” role”.

Thanks,

Jegbagus
    August 18, 2016 at 1:18 am #21649

hi saupan, i think you can simply translate word on the themes. you can use loco translate to change the wording of themes.

Thank you

saupan
    August 19, 2016 at 5:26 am #21688

Hi, Allow me to re-frame:

What is the path to the default Restricted Page?

Thanks,

huwcole
    August 19, 2016 at 9:57 pm #21692

you set it in the jobplanet dashboard under RESTRICTIONS PAGE (at the bottom)
    to whatever page you have available in the dropdown. If you created your own page it will also be available in the dropdown. I think if you don’t set it it will then default to a default page which i think is the horrible 401 page with some info that you have no access. not really the page you want to display. as i said create your own page with the information and links you want to display.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  huwcole.
    Jegbagus
    August 22, 2016 at 2:49 am #21718

yes huwcole is right. you can actually create a landing page that tell user to what benefit they get if they register. you can create it using landing page feature. and it will much more informative and appeal user to register to your site.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.