Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Remove shopping cart from top menu

bradlymathews
    June 25, 2014 at 9:36 pm #679

I would like to remove the shopping cart/account icons from my menus (currently using top menu).

I found this http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/some-question/ which explains I should edit rightheader.php.

I commented out the lines related to adding the Woo stuff, but they are still there. Is there something I need to do to “activate” the change or some other place to change it?

Here is what I did:

(also how do I insert code here without encoding the <> brackets?)
    Thanks,
    Brad

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  bradlymathews.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Rai. Reason: edit code bracket
    Rai
    June 26, 2014 at 7:28 am #717

Hi Brad,

Actually, if you edit rightheader.php that will effect for Side Navigation, if you use Top Navigation you need to update these file /template/navigation-top.php :

Comment code on line 16 && 55 for this code:
    // jeg_get_template_part('template/navigation-top', 'woo');

About posting code with bracked <> I think I must update the crayon plugin 🙁

Thank you

caddy13
    July 15, 2014 at 11:24 am #1710

Hi,
    Well done with the theme, i now have a very nice looking website – thank you.
    I just have a few questions…
    I am using the left side menu but there is ‘login or register’ and ‘cart’ and ‘search’ option on top menu which i do not want – how can i remove these?
    Also – is there a way to customise the mobile version?
    what size should the logo be for the mobile version?

And finally, how can i enhance the website and each page for seo?
    Thanking you

Rai
    July 16, 2014 at 3:33 am #1741

Hi @caddy13,

You can disable top menu if you use Side Navigation, go to Appearance > Customize > Nagivation Position then make sure Show top menu navigator option is unchecked.

May be you can explain of what kind of customization do you want on mobile version?
    For the logo on mobile version it better not too tall, for the logo we used the height is 30px.
    Actually, you can install 3rd party SEO plugin that will have a lot of option to SEO your site content.

Anyway, are you getting trouble to make new topic?

Thank you

caddy13
    July 16, 2014 at 11:31 am #1766

Great – the resizing of the logo – sorted out a lot of the mobile issue. The only issue i have now is that some of the galleries are not showing up properly on a mobile – they are just showing up a small section of each picture?

Could you please let me know which seo plugin you would recommend for content? Also where on your system – can i find your seo facility?

Thanking you

Rai
    July 16, 2014 at 1:01 pm #1772

Hi caddy13,

Can you give me link of your gallery page?

You can use Yoast, All in one SEO, Google Sitemap XML, etc.
    Actually, Jkreativ provide SEO on page which is optimized on HTML5 structure.

Thank you

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Rai. Reason: correct seo on page
    caddy13
    July 16, 2014 at 2:05 pm #1775

Hi,
    this is a link to one gallery page. the home page is fine but other gallery pages are not good in mobile version
    http://airtakephotos.ie/aerialphotographygallery/professional-gallery

where can i find Jkreativ seo off page

Thanking you

Rai
    July 17, 2014 at 3:44 am #1797

Your link doesn’t work. Is your site down?
    Sorry, I mean was SEO on-page, as I said before it is an optimization on HTML structure such as using H1, ALT, URL structure (permalink), and so on.

Thank you

caddy13
    July 19, 2014 at 11:15 am #1906

Does this gallery link work for you?
    http://airtakephotos.ie/aerialphotographygallery/professional-gallery/

Can you also tell me how can i enable the section where the copyright and social media links are at the bottom of the side menu – i can get them to fit to the screen and not be static?

how can i add in a footer at end of page – i have the three section footer enabled but its not showing up?

Rai
    July 20, 2014 at 4:55 am #1912

Ah, thats work now! Just tested with my iPhone and it looks great, the layout is fine. May I know what mobile device that you use to test?

To enable bottom menu on side navigation you need to create menu then assign to Side Navigation Bottom from Appearance > Menus > Manage Location > Side Navigation Bottom or Appearance > Customise > Navigation > Side Navigation Bottom.
    If you want to show socials icons, you need to set your socials account at Jkreativ Dashboard > Social Icon.

To enable footer on landing page go to Jkreativ Dashboard > Footer for landing page and Extended Portfolio > Enable footer for landing & portfolio. After that you need to add widget on each columns from Appearance > Widgets > Footer Widget 1 – 4.

Thank you

caddy13
    July 21, 2014 at 9:42 am #1951

Hi,
    I am using android mobile device – with the galleries- what i am seeing is a narrow view of each image as i scroll down – is that the way it is supposed to be?

I cannot see where i can enable the social media icons and the copyright (at the bottom of the page) to have a flexible position in the page – they are static on the page. I need them to come in below the side menu options – in a small computer screen they are jumbled in to the side menu.

Thanking you

caddy13
    July 21, 2014 at 3:18 pm #1959

also, in addition to my other questions above – is it possible to add a header and text to gallery image pages?
    Thanking you

Rai
    July 23, 2014 at 9:40 am #2024

Hi,

Can you provide screenshot? At the moment there is no Android device that I can use to test, may be next day I’ll get it to test it directly.

Anyway, it would be great if you post on new topic instead of appending on this topic which is no related issue.

Thank you

caddy13
    July 23, 2014 at 9:42 am #2025

ok, thank you for the reply. i cannot see how or where to post a new topic and so this is the reason i posted here. you might let me know how i can post a new topic please.
    thanking you

Rai
    July 23, 2014 at 5:06 pm #2046

Hi @caddy13,

At first, you need to pick Forum at Forum List on the Sidebar, in this case Jkreativ: http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/forum/jkreativ/
    Scroll down then you will see Create New Topic in “Jkreativ” form.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.