Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Product-Slider – choose custom category

Gator Cycle
    July 20, 2014 at 2:31 pm #1923

Utilizing the Jkreativ Landing Page Builder, I seem to recall previously being able to choose a custom category for the Latest Product Slider. I’m attempting to do the same with the newly implemented Visual Composer but am at a loss as to how to accomplish the same. Ideally, the slider would show products from a custom category, such as “Featured Items”, instead of simply showing the last products dumped into woocommerce. How can I go about doing so? Thanks!

Rai
    July 22, 2014 at 6:10 am #1967

Hello,

At the moment Product Slide for VC is showing for latest products. You can still use shortcode from Section Builder with VC by using Text Block element and generate your Product slider there.

Thank you

Gator Cycle
    July 23, 2014 at 9:27 am #2023

Doing a bit of research I found that woocommerce has built-in shortcode that should achieve my desired result. However, the shortcode doesn’t seem to display properly within the theme. Has anyone, by chance, inquired about the following shortcode before?

[featured_products per_page="4" columns="4" orderby="date" order="desc"]

The result is a vertical alignment of the 4 products (instead of horizontal) with a pricing overlay of the last item which spans all in the vertical alignment.

Rai
    July 24, 2014 at 6:08 am #2069

Actually, Jkreativ doesn’t support woocommerce shortcode officially, because we think we need to have different style so we create custom shortcode to display product.

Have you tried the Latest Product shortcode using Shortcode Generator as I mentioned above? The shortcode will looks like this:
    [product-slider number="8" column="4" image_dimension="1" filter_category="46,48"]

Thank you

ghapsis
    August 6, 2014 at 12:03 pm #2596

Hello, product-slider is ok but what if we want to display specific products? Ex Related products per article!

Jegbagus
    August 7, 2014 at 1:35 am #2629

hi ghapsis, please post another thread instead hijacking people thread for your own question. it may create confuse for the one who create this tread.

Thank you

ghapsis
    August 7, 2014 at 1:43 am #2632

Hijacking??? Is this not a support forum? To find and follow a related thread is a well known practice in all support forums (community or commercial). But ok i will start a new thread!

Rai
    August 7, 2014 at 4:24 am #2642

Hi @ghapsis,

Sorry, if my partner is quite rude, but his point is good to make this forum more organized and make other user easier to find solution if they have same issue.

I know your issue is related to product shortcode but it seems has different point which is has different solution. So, it would be great if you post on new topic to focus on solving your problem.

Kind regards,
    Rai

Gator Cycle
    October 11, 2014 at 12:35 am #5172

Is there a way to sort the items listed in the product slider by price, ascending or descending? Also, the slider seems to pull from large images and then resize, is it possible to use thumbnails or smaller images to reduce load times?

Adek
    October 11, 2014 at 7:16 am #5188

Hi Gator,

Try to follow this image below to achieve that and choose Products on top navigation :

Try to reduce your image size, because at the moment we don’t have those kind of feature.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.