Documentation

Forum

Menu

Problems with ads

pawsfabrik
    March 1, 2018 at 7:12 pm #29147

Hi,

I’m so sorry to bother you again.

I really like this theme and it works perfect until I placed four different script ads (two in top- bottom and two in the right sidebar). When the script ads are active it’s like they use lots of capacity so the rest of the page doesn’t have time to read. The biggest problem is the embedded links to other posts. Normally they display a little preview, but now I only see the link. Example: http://altomvarebiler.dk/11-kilos-regel-vaekker-undren/
    Is there a way to fix this? I’ve tried using the “JNews-Speed” and “WP Super Cache” plugin recommended to this theme, but they only makes everything worse.

I really hope you can help me, it works so perfect before I placed the ads.

Ads example: <script src="https://bs.serving-sys.com/BurstingPipe/adServer.bs?cn=rsb&c=28&pli=24152784&PluID=0&w=930&h=180&ord=[timestamp]&ucm=true"></script>

Best regards,
    Paw

pawsfabrik
    March 2, 2018 at 12:02 am #29161

Hi again,

Okay I think I fixed it for now. I used the plugin “Autoptimize”. But I’ll give it until tomorrow. I’ll be back.

Adek
    March 2, 2018 at 11:51 am #29190

Hi Paw,

Yes, you can use that plugin. JNews will work fine with that plugin as well. Let me know if you need something else in there.

Thank you

pawsfabrik
    March 2, 2018 at 7:16 pm #29208

Hi,

Okay the Autoptimize plugin has now been active over night (+ some extra hours), and it stil works fine for me. Think I’ll keep using this plugin:-)

I’ll just mark this ticket at resolved.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
    Paw

pawsfabrik
    March 2, 2018 at 8:03 pm #29209

Hi again,

Sorry im not quite done yet. I found out that my header search form doesn’t work if I Force JavaScript in Head. Can you maybe tell me what the name of the search form js file is so I can add it to the ignore list in the Autoptimize plugin? I can’t find it.

Adek
    March 5, 2018 at 9:19 am #29236

Hi pawsfabrik,

For the search form, the js script comes from the frontend.min.js file. Here’s the full path /jnews/assets/dist/frontend.min.js. Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

pawsfabrik
    March 5, 2018 at 5:20 pm #29271

Hi,

Thank you, that’s what I was looking for. It works perfect now.

Best regards,
    Paw

Adek
    March 6, 2018 at 9:39 am #29279

You’re welcome Paw

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.