Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Post/page question

Fordracingchick
    August 31, 2015 at 2:51 am #14044

I had a quick question about a certain page. When I first downloaded your theme there was a PAGE titled ‘sample page’ that had a bunch of random text on it. I edited the page and just deleted all of that random text out of to not confuse search engines but I never deleted the page. When I go to my PAGES tab I have two pages there one is HOME of course, and the other is still the SAMPLE page that I never deleted but now after posting numerous posts, its shows all posts with most recent and then to the first. The url to this page is mysite.com/sample-page but when I view my site for real I never see such a url, Only a page url like mysite.com/page/2 and so on. The question I have is if I delete this mysite.com/sample-page will it delete all of the posts I have ever made? Is it necessary to keep this page because its archiving the posts? Thanks in advance.

Rai
    September 1, 2015 at 1:33 am #14053

Hi Fordracingchick,

I guess it’s not a theme related question. That sample page is generate by default when you first install wordpress, you are safe to trash/delete it if you want it to. Just make sure you’re not doing bulk action to prevent delete all pages.

But, it is always good to have backup before doing something you don’t really understand.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.