Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Post Metabox 'Supports' in a custom post type

Eric Denman
    October 9, 2018 at 1:30 am #37972

I have several custom post types in which I want be able to offer the author the same experience throughout each of type. Currently, if an author creates a ‘new post’ it will include all the single post building tools / post metabox that jnews offers (like single post settings, fake counter, etc). If the author creates a ‘new article’ (one of my custom post types), they no longer have the jnews post support metaboxes like in a standard post.

I can add supports to my custom post types, i just need to know the ID for each. I have tried every ID i could find in the backend with no luck passing the ‘single post settings’ metabox into a custom post type.

Can you share what ID’s are used in the backend post metabox config that will pass these same boxes into my custom post types? Thanks in advance.

Eric

Ferdy
    October 9, 2018 at 3:56 pm #38007

Hi Eric Denman,

At the moment, single post feature, fake counter cannot use on custom post type. in this case, you need to do a lot of change to make it work to custom post type, unfortunately, this is not our support scope because we only do a simple modification that related to theme feature.

if you interest you can use our custom services https://wpkraken.io/?ref=jegtheme. let me know if you have further question

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.