Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Portfolios give me a 404 error

rossthomasphotography
    January 13, 2015 at 12:12 am #8286

I created a parent page for all portfolios, then created a few portfolios. However, I’m getting a 404 error when I go to the url of the page that is plainly created and published. This is very strange.

http://www.rossthomasphotography.com/portfolio/fitness/ is one such page that doesn’t display. This url is plainly created, but will not show.

Please help with this, as this is very frustrating.

Adek
    January 15, 2015 at 8:51 am #8343

Hi rossthomasphotography,

The portfolio item that showing 404 is this page http://www.rossthomasphotography.com/portfolio/fitness/ right? Because currently it’s just work fine on my side.

Thank you

rossthomasphotography
    January 15, 2015 at 8:39 pm #8363

It is not working again for me. Please check it out and let me know. Any time I try to change the parent page for portfolio, it messes up the child pages as well.

rossthomasphotography
    January 15, 2015 at 9:27 pm #8364

This is really frustrating. My portfolio pages have the same links as they used to, but they don’t work again.

rossthomasphotography
    January 15, 2015 at 10:32 pm #8365

I figured it out. It must be a bug. I had to change the template on my parent page from visual composer to something else. I then saved it. Then switched it back to what it originally was. Weird.

Adek
    January 17, 2015 at 9:04 am #8395

Hi rossthomasphotography,

Glad to hear that 🙂 you be able to resolve those problem.

Thank you

tjharley
    March 27, 2015 at 9:10 pm #10356

Is it possible to rename the portfolio parents? I really don’t want the permalink to be portfolio/portfolio-parent-name etc. Is there a reason that a parent must be chosen? Would rather not have that.

Thanks.

Adek
    March 30, 2015 at 9:08 am #10411

Hi tjharley,

I’m not sure about that because it’s behaviour these theme. So what kind of permalink structure that you want on portfolio?

Thank you

tjharley
    March 30, 2015 at 1:54 pm #10422

Just would be nice to be able to name it something else instead of ‘normal-layout’. Still trying to figure out why it has to have a parent in the first place. When I choose none the portfolio items don’t work.

I don’t like the fact that ‘portfolio-normal-layout’ is part of the URL. Looks a little unprofessional in my opinion. I’ve actually just created new blog posts and used them as portfolio items instead so that I don’t have that in my URL. Seems to be doing the trick. Would just be a nice option to have in an update.

Thanks.

Adek
    March 31, 2015 at 9:14 am #10455

Hi tjharley,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will considering about this thing with our team.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.