Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Portfolio Media Builder sort order

lucein1774
    March 15, 2016 at 2:38 am #19055

Hello,
    Is there a way to change the sort order of items listed in a portfolio? Currently all items are listed oldest to newest. My client would like the newest items that are added to the portfolio to be showing in the portfolio first.

I know that I can drag the new items to the top, but when there are quite a few times this makes this task very time consuming.

Please advise.
    Doug

Jegbagus
    March 16, 2016 at 3:16 am #19072

hi lucein1774, to implement something like that, you will need to made a change directly to the code.
    go to photology themes folder > template-portfolio.php > line 19-20. change it to

Thank you

lucein1774
    March 16, 2016 at 6:43 pm #19091

Hi Jegbgus,
    I tried changing the lines as you suggested. Putting the updated template-portfolio.php file in the child theme folder, with no affect.
    I then tried changing the template file in the photology theme folder with the same result. I don’t have any caching mechanism in place currently. Clearing my local cache as well as trying a incognito windows as well. So I am at a loss of why the changes are not being shown in the front end pages.
    Do you have any other suggestions?
    I look forward to your reply.
    Doug

Jegbagus
    March 17, 2016 at 2:53 am #19105

hi lucein1774, ah sorry, you want portfolio sorted by date ascending right?
    so it will be

Thank you

lucein1774
    March 17, 2016 at 3:34 am #19107

Hi Jegbagus,
    I tried that as well and it seems that nothing I change in the php is making any change on the front end.

Please advise.

Jegbagus
    March 18, 2016 at 1:30 am #19129

hi lucein1774, can you confirm that you want to change order of portfolio item right? not portfolio image that contain inside portfolio?

im afraid that i get you wrong and give you wrong direction.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.