Popular Widget and Sticky Sidebar
Post count: 10StrakhNovember 1, 2017 at 10:20 am #24888
Hello, I would like to report two “problems” I am having:
1) – The Popupar Widget is listing the articles in ascending order, the most accessed article is getting in the lowest position and the least accessed is getting in 1st place.
2) – I did not find the option to disable the sticky sidebar.
Thanks for your attention!
This text was written using Google Translate.Post count: 9205AdekNovember 1, 2017 at 11:36 am #24891
You don’t need to worry about that 🙂
1. About the popular widget issue, may i know what order type that you choose on Order Popular Post By option?
2. About disable sticky sidebar, do you mean for post or page? At the moment, disable the sticky sidebar option only available on page with Landing Page page template.
Thank youPost count: 10StrakhNovember 1, 2017 at 12:07 pm #24894
1) – It happens when I use the order of “Total Views” and “Average Daily Views”.
2) – In posts.Post count: 9205AdekNovember 1, 2017 at 12:36 pm #24895
1. I just try to replicate this issue on my side but i don’t get any problem. Can you please provide me your site url so i can check it directly on my side?
2. Unfortunately at the moment we don’t have that kind of feature on post. In this case to achieve that you will need to do some changes in there. Firstly, you need to use JNews child theme. Then you need to create folder inside the theme file like this
jnews-child/fragment/post/. Then you can create new file that called
single-sidebar.phpand paste the code below :123456<?php$single = JNews\Single\SinglePost::getInstance();?><div class="jeg_sidebar col-md-4"><?php jnews_widget_area( $single->get_sidebar() ); ?></div>
Or you can simply use this file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0fjgmgpjo6cotg/single-sidebar.php?dl=0
Thank youPost count: 10StrakhNovember 1, 2017 at 12:57 pm #24896Post count: 10StrakhNovember 1, 2017 at 12:58 pm #24897
Thanks a lot, sidebar problem has been solved 🙂
Awaiting information about the Popular Widget.
Thank you!Post count: 2592JegbagusNovember 2, 2017 at 1:00 pm #24904
hi strakh, you are right. thank you for pointing it out. this is a bug on our code.
here is the fix for this issue : https://pastebin.com/6dC8d9Ri
and please replace the file on your plugin folder > jnews-view-counter > class.jnews-view-counter.php
Thank youPost count: 10StrakhNovember 2, 2017 at 2:43 pm #24916
It was perfect, the problem was solved.
I hope the code update helps more people.
Thank you!Post count: 9205AdekNovember 2, 2017 at 3:05 pm #24918
You’re welcome Strakh, glad to hear that 😀
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.