Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Plugins do not update

• DarknezZDesign
    November 4, 2017 at 12:30 pm #24967

Hello, the updates that appear in the wordpress panel for the JNews theme are all normal for me, but the plugins do not update when I click to update, the whole update procedure appears and in the end says it has been updated but the plugin continues with the same version and talk to update again! This happens with any plugin that integrated the theme that asks for an update … what can it be?

Jegbagus
    November 5, 2017 at 3:22 am #24993

hi DarknezZDesign, im not very sure what is happen that causing this issue. it can be also connection between wordpress api with your server. can you try to delete the plugin that need to be updated first? and try to install it again?

if its not working too, you can find the plugin into jnews (themes) folder > plugin. all plugin including with this themes is packed into this folder.

Thank you

David Groh
    November 5, 2017 at 3:56 pm #25010

I also have the trouble with the Updating Plugin: JNews – View Counter

WP writes:
    Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /data/web/virtuals/174867/virtual/www/wp-content/themes/jnews/tgm/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 884

and it still hold the version 1.0.0 again again again 🙂

jpbrunelle
    November 5, 2017 at 9:08 pm #25013

I am having this trouble as well.

Jegbagus
    November 6, 2017 at 1:05 am #25019

hi David Groh, its your server trying to disable this functionality.
    on updating plugin, server need to download the file, extract, and activating it.
    it will require quite long time to execute the code.

this function (set_time_limit) prevent server to stop the process until its finished.
    we can provide you where to change, but the updating process may have issue because it will still need sometime to finish.

other solution as i write above, you can find the plugin into jnews (themes) folder > plugin. all plugin including with this themes is packed into this folder.

Thank you

David Groh
    November 6, 2017 at 6:07 am #25035

Thank you for your help. I tried manually from the theme package. But I think, there is the version 1.0.0. in the theme bundle. I downloaded just now from themeforest, and manualy uploaded the plugin JNews – View Counter. It still shows the 1.0.0.

Jegbagus
    November 6, 2017 at 7:23 am #25037

Hi david, yet it seems we have issue on plugin version.
    we will release update to fix this issue soon.
    so please fix for this issue.

Thank you

David Groh
    November 6, 2017 at 8:31 am #25043

Dear friends
    OK, it is not so crytical now 🙂 we (all users) can wait till next theme update 🙂

Best regards, David

Jegbagus
    November 6, 2017 at 9:04 am #25046

Great David Groh 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.