Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

page buliders (grid) Row elements are mirrored with the jnews sidebar

dennis
    April 10, 2018 at 9:13 pm #30348

Hi,

I want to build a (post) template for my site using page builder, but there’s a strange behaviour with the row element and the sidebar setting of jnews theme (on a fresh wordpress / jnews installation)

Like you know, the page builders row element can be splitted to a grid, like 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4.
    Within the page builder editor, the layout of my page/post (in particular my multi-columned row element) looks like it should be.

But after closing the page builder editor, the alignment of the rows grid fields doesn’t match the editor layout, the fields are mirrored (please see images attached).
    This only happens, when the jnews sidebar is active (and the editor is closed) – in fullwidth, everything is fine.
    The thing is, I need the sidebar, so I’m looking forward hearing from you with a bugfix or suggestion 🙂

thank you and best regards,
    Dennis

fullwidth - everything is fine
    with sidebar - mirrored :(
    page builder backend editor - like it should be

dennis
    April 10, 2018 at 9:21 pm #30349

hm, sorry – images aren’t loaded, but I can’t edit post: “ERROR: Forum ID is missing.”

Adek
    April 11, 2018 at 11:12 am #30374

Hi Personello,

It’s because there’s CSS class from the left sidebar that affects on the page content, and it seems it’s only happened when you use the left sidebar instead of the right sidebar. Can you please provide me the page URL so i can check it directly on my side.

Thank you

dennis
    April 11, 2018 at 1:24 pm #30378
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    April 12, 2018 at 9:43 am #30391

Hi Dennis,

Please try to put this CSS code below into Customize > Additional Style:

Thank you

dennis
    April 12, 2018 at 5:43 pm #30404

Hi Adek,

thank you for your effort, it works that way, thanks!

One more question…the sidebar is a bit too large for our needs, is it possible to make it a bit smaller, like setting the jeg_sidebar col-md-4 to col-md-3 and the jeg_main_content col-md-8 to col-md-9?
    Or is there any other layout-element that could crash with this customization?

Thank you

Adek
    April 13, 2018 at 10:32 am #30431

Hi dennis,

For the smaller sidebar, we already have this kind of feature but it will include on JNews v2. If all goes well, we will release it this week or next week at least. Please be patience for a while 😀 and don’t forget to leave 5 stars rating for JNews. It will help us much.

Thank you

dennis
    April 16, 2018 at 2:25 pm #30541

Hi Adek,

now with the JNews v2 update, I tried to use the “Wide – left sidebar” option, but it doesn’t work. Every new sidebar option shows the page in full width, the old options work (by the way: the css-mirror-fix above isn’t patched in the update).

Do you have a suggestion how to fix it?

Thank you

Edit: Nevermind, was my fault – had this \fragment\post\single-sidebar.php hack active, now without it, it works 🙂
    But your CSS-Mirror-Fix now brings the left sidebar to the right 🙁 – how to fix it?

Thank you!

Adek
    April 16, 2018 at 3:31 pm #30550

Please try to remove that CSS code because you don’t need to use it anymore.

Thank you

dennis
    April 16, 2018 at 3:51 pm #30553

I tried your css-mirror-fix with col9 instead of col8 (like you postet above) and it works, but only for desktop and tablet view but not for mobile view, its not responsive anymore.

Can you provide me a fix, that mobile view works too? 🙂

Regards,
    Dennis

dennis
    April 16, 2018 at 4:37 pm #30558

Hi Adek,

my page builder template is mirrored without the css fix

Adek
    April 17, 2018 at 11:04 am #30619

Hi Dennis,

I’m not sure yet if you’re still getting that problem or not. If you still getting that problem, can you please provide me the page URL that showing that problem? So i can check it directly on my side. Please confirm.

Thank you

dennis
    April 17, 2018 at 1:53 pm #30640
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    April 18, 2018 at 10:59 am #30700

Hi Dennis,

Please try to use this CSS code below:

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.