Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

no alt text on expanded images

langlais
    January 30, 2017 at 12:32 pm #22895

Hi there,

I was wondering why there is no alt text on galleries (expanded) images, or if there is a way to turn it on

Thumbnails have an alt text, but i can see no alt text weither i use swipebox, photoswipe or magnific expand scripts

Thanks

langlais
    January 30, 2017 at 7:43 pm #22897

Same question for images in portfolio by the way (ajax / ajax cover) : image title is only used by a data-title tag in the div enclosing the img, but the img has no alt text…

Jkreativ is made for creative people, so does it mean creative people can’t have any SEO on their website ?!

Adek
    January 31, 2017 at 2:02 am #22899

Hi langlais,

Thanks for you feedback, really appreciate it.

Can you please help me to provide me the url of the gallery and portfolio page that you mean on above? Because we have several kind of page on our themes. Just want to make sure on this thing.

Thank you

langlais
    January 31, 2017 at 1:35 pm #22907

Familles et groupes

this is a PAGE using JKreativ Media Builder : images have a title (actually filename), which is used as an alt text in the thumbnail view, but enlarged (expanded) images have NO alt text !

same for portfolios using JKreative Media Builder

another example here (PAGE too) :

Bestof couple saison 2016

langlais
    January 31, 2017 at 2:06 pm #22910

actually, the problem is even worst on JKreativ portfolio, since there isn’t 2 versions of the same image such as in a gallery (thumbnail + expanded with magnific expand script) !

here is an exemple, COVER PORTFOLIO, where all images have been given a proper title, but which uses NO alt text whatsoever :

Album de mariage A. et M.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  langlais.
    Adek
    February 1, 2017 at 2:19 am #22926

Hi langlais,

I’ve been check your site previously and actually we’re not provide alt attribute on all image tag. It because several of image element are generate from expand script (js plugin). You will need to do some changes in there to add alt image attribute on this thing.

Also, at the moment the image title will used on alt image attribute automatically.

Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

VladimirBob
    February 17, 2017 at 7:23 pm #23098

but this is a real mistake, and when alt and title same. They should not be repeated, it reoptimization! You say your template optimized for SEO? How is it possible to exclude from the code title of pictures, leave only the alt in gallery? where and what i need to cut?

Adek
    February 18, 2017 at 2:05 am #23099

Hi VladimirBob,

Can you help to provide me your gallery url, i will check it directly which gallery template that you use in there.

Thank you

VladimirBob
    June 28, 2017 at 5:46 pm #24018

Hi Adek.

The problem with the alt attributes in the gallery. There, the alt from the photo name is automatically duplicated. It turns out, alt and title are the same. Is it for the lazy? )

no correct, dublicate

How to disable this feature? I need an alt that I prescribe with my own hand when I upload a photo.

need my own from admin

It’s bad for SEO, when the alt and title are the same, it’s spam. I need my alternative, and not the one that automatically duplicates the title.

Adek
    July 1, 2017 at 1:52 am #24042

Hi VladimirBob,

You can disable the alt attribute by replacing this file jkreativ-themes/template/media-gallery.php with this one https://pastebin.com/ffW6r6zW. You can make backup for that file before.

Thank you

VladimirBob
    July 1, 2017 at 10:32 am #24044

Hi Adek.

Maybe my English is bad. Or you did not read carefully.

I uploaded your file, but! I do not need to disable alt! I need to disable the function when the alt is duplicated from the title.I need, that there would be an alt that I prescribed with my own hands when I fill in the photo, like this my own. NOT DOUBLE FROM THE TITLE.

Adek
    July 1, 2017 at 10:50 am #24045

Hi VladimirBob,

I’m sorry if i was wrong. I forget to tell you if at the moment our theme doesn’t provide that kind of feature, in order to display alt image attribute, so i just disable the alt image attribute.

Anyway, you can try to use this code below instead :

https://pastebin.com/ffW6r6zW

Hopefully it can help you.

Thank you

VladimirBob
    July 1, 2017 at 10:56 am #24046

Thank you. This is exactly what I need! I have not had time to look at my portfolio yet. Now I will

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.