Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Mobile/Desktop breakpoints/mediaquery

AdamR
    January 8, 2016 at 10:33 am #17465

How can we go about adjusting the media query/breakpoints of the theme? I.e. on tablet at the moment, it displays the mobile menu and hides the cart drop down for woocommerce. I’d like the tablets to instead display the desktop version. I can’t find any settings for it or where this is placed in the code. I’m fine editing it as long as I know where to look.

Thanks

Adek
    January 9, 2016 at 5:26 am #17498

Hi AdamR,

You can put your code on the Jkreativ Dashboard > Additional Style and your code will override the default themes have.

Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

AdamR
    January 13, 2016 at 11:37 am #17647

Hi,

thanks for your response.

If I do this I’d need to know the current responsive settings/code surely?

I couldn’t exactly just put in:

Without knowing what to apply it to surely. It’s mainly just the issue with tablet devices displaying the mobile layout, in reality I shouldn’t have to rewrite all of the code to do this as it would typically just need the adjustment of 1 or 2 figures.

Does this make sense or is my response nonsensical?

Thanks

Adek
    January 15, 2016 at 1:48 am #17712

Hi AdamR,

Actually i’m not quite sure what you need in there and i’m sorry about that. It would be better if you can tell me more detail what you want to have in there. But you can put those code on the Additional Style if you want to override the responsive style.

Thank you

AdamR
    January 15, 2016 at 12:28 pm #17729

No problem.

Basically the theme is set to display the mobile layout (media query) when on a tablet. I think it’s more natural to have the desktop layout on a tablet such as the iPad so just need to know how I can go about altering these parameters.

Say for example the current code has in it somewhere

I’d be wanting to change the max-width value to something like 460px. Something as simple as that would fix the whole issue for me, I’m just not sure how I can alter it in this theme. I’ve done it plenty of times before though.

Thanks.
    Hope that explains it a bit better.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  AdamR.
    Adek
    January 16, 2016 at 1:59 am #17741

Hi AdamR,

If you want to achieve that, you will need to do some change on our themes.

You can take a look on this file jkreativ-themes/public/css/responsive.css and you can copy the content of those file then change it with your own need (put on the additional style if you have done) or you can disable responsive feature and you can build your own responsive style.

Thank you

powherhouse
    January 18, 2016 at 11:58 am #17783

why would you advise a client to make changes like that to a core theme file?
    as soon as you release an update, they will all be gone.

and they will then have to remember a) what they changed, b) where they changed it, and c) even THAT they changed it.

This is not compliant with wordpress themes protocol that I am aware of.
    All these kind of things should be done through a child theme – but that seems to be not constructed properly to use a child-theme as intended either.

AdamR
    January 18, 2016 at 1:04 pm #17785

Thanks for the replies. I thought this too Powerhouse. I’ve customised plenty of themes in the past and I’ve never had to alter it in this manner.

I think what he’s saying is though, not to make changes to the core but to copy the core into the child theme and adjust it there. A bit of a backwards way of going about it imo but if it’s the only solution I will do it that way.

Adek
    January 19, 2016 at 6:18 am #17804

Hi There,

Thanks for your caring to help each other and really appreciate it 🙂

Actually i don’t suggest to modify the core file on this thing but just copy the content and then paste it on the Additional Style or child themes file. Anyway, you can make your own responsive css code without copy and paste the core file but i think i will hard to do i think.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.