Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Mobile Truncate not working…?

hellhr
    April 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm #30658

Hello!
    I like Mobile Truncate option. I turned it on, but its not working…
    Can you please check?
    My site is http://www.preporucamo.com
    Thx!

Rai
    April 18, 2018 at 9:57 am #30688

Hi,

We notice there is minor issue with this, but we already fix it and will provide update. To fix it please update file located at: jnews/lib/theme-filter.php with this code below:

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you

hellhr
    April 18, 2018 at 4:39 pm #30730

It works, thx!
    Just some info: I couldnt find “continue reading” in translate plugin, so I changed it directly in code. Maybe you should put it there also…
    Thx!
    BR,
    Sasa

hellhr
    April 18, 2018 at 6:53 pm #30736

One more quasetion, please… I understand that mobile truncate should increase pageviews, but its not happening…

Rai
    April 19, 2018 at 10:52 am #30770

Hi Sasa,

Thank you for your information, we will add that string to frontend translation editor.
    Regarding pageviews, actually mobile truncate is not directly drive traffic to your site, this feature would be nice to improve mobile-engagement to your visitors.

Thank you

hellhr
    April 19, 2018 at 3:42 pm #30793

Thx!
    Actually, that was my question – after implementing mobile truncate, which now works great, none of the Google Analytics statistics changed – Number of Sessions per User, Pageviews, Pages / Session, Avg. Session Duration, Bounce Rate… everything is exactly the same as before mobile truncate implementation.
    Can you comment on that?
    Thank you!
    BR,
    Sasa
    statistics

Rai
    April 20, 2018 at 10:52 am #30840

Hi Sasa,

I think you misunderstand of what increase pageviews in this feature able to. It doesn’t mean by enabling this feature it will directly double or triple your pageviews instantly. But, it does help you to get more engagement, that is compelling users to click through to each page of your article, which would impact to your total pageviews. Keep in mind, your content quality is remain the key.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.