Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Missing wpadmin bar

Guydee
    September 10, 2018 at 2:58 am #36362

Hi,

I am trying to use Woo Commerce Product Vendors (Woocommerce Product Vendors) with the jNews theme.

This plugin allows vendors to register and then add products themselves on to our site in order to sell.

The plugin add several user levels to allow access to the vendor dashboard:

Store Owner – WordPress and WooCommerce Admin.
    Vendor Admin – Has access to all settings.
    Vendor Manager – Limited access to the Vendor dashboard.

Once a person is registered and approved, they are able to login (https://aquilainvestmentgroup.com/wp-admin/index.php) and access the vendor dashboard in order to add products.

Access to Vendor dashboard when logged in

However, the wp admin bar is missing at the top of the page when they are logged in as any of the above user levels. As a consequence, the Product Vendor dashboard is missing.

Missing admin bar

I have tried diasabling all plugins except woocommerce and woocommerce product vendors which are required but this still does not work with the jNews theme and the admin bar / access to the vendor dashboard is missing.

I have trialled this with a different theme (Twenty Seventeen) and this functions as it should in that theme.

Dropbox

Therefore something within jNews is preventing the wp_admin bar from showing / allowing access to vendor dashboard when the user is set to anything except admin.

I really need help with this please? Woocommerce say that this is a theme issue and nothing to do with them!

Adek
    September 10, 2018 at 4:05 pm #36420

Hi Guydee,

Regarding this issue please try go edit this file /jnews/class/AccountPage.php then jump into line 42 and replace this line code below:

with this one below:

Thank you

Guydee
    September 10, 2018 at 8:42 pm #36452

Hi,

I have made this change but unfortunately it still does not work.

I have set up the following user types:

Admin – Shows admin bar and works as it should.
    Author – Shows admin bar but all links don’t work / take me to the homepage.
    Contributor – Shows admin bar but all links don’t work / take me to the homepage.
    Customer – No admin bar.
    Editor – Shows admin bar but all links don’t work / take me to the homepage.
    Shop Manager – Shows admin bar but all links don’t work / take me to the homepage.
    Subscriber – No admin bar.
    Vendor Admin – Shows admin bar but all links don’t work / take me to the homepage.
    Vendor Manager – Shows admin bar but all links don’t work / take me to the homepage.

The only one which works correctly is the Admin.

Any help?

I will send you the login user names and passwords for each of these user types in a private reply so you can replicate.

Guydee
    September 10, 2018 at 8:47 pm #36453
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    September 11, 2018 at 2:02 pm #36517

Hi Guydee,

Please try to go edit this plugin file wp-content/plugins/jnews-frontend-submit/include/class/class.jnews-frontend-template.php then jump into line 53 and replace the line code below:

With this one below:

If you still getting the problem in there, i will need to do further investigation on your website. In this case, i need FTP access to your server. You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

Guydee
    September 11, 2018 at 4:40 pm #36549

Hi Adek,

I have reverted back to the original (removed //) of /jnews/class/AccountPage.php line 42.
    I have now commented out (added //) to wp-content/plugins/jnews-frontend-submit/include/class/class.jnews-frontend-template.php line 53.

This is what happens now with the following user types.

User types:
    Admin – Shows admin bar and works as it should.
    Author – Shows admin bar and user can now add media and posts.
    Contributor – Shows admin bar and user can now add posts.
    Customer – No admin bar.
    Editor – Shows admin bar and now all links work.
    Subscriber – No admin bar.
    Shop Manager – Shows admin bar and now all links work. This user seems to have full admin rights to the whole dashboard.
    Vendor Admin – No admin bar.
    Vendor Manager – No admin bar.

However, I am now able to login with the vendor admin & vendor manager and navigate to the vendor dashboard but only through manually going via /my-account or /wp-admin. The wp_admin bar is still absent.

So, this is what I need to happen:
    Author – NO admin bar. This user can add posts through jNews Frontend Submit as usual.
    Vendor Admin – SHOW admin bar. This user can add products through Woocommerce Product Vendor.
    Vendor Manager- SHOW admin bar. This user can add products through Woocommerce Product Vendor.

I will send FTP details in a private reply so you can take a look.

Thanks again,

G

Guydee
    September 11, 2018 at 4:44 pm #36553
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    September 12, 2018 at 9:56 am #36607

Hi Guydee,

I’ve been making small changes on your website. You can find the changes that i made on the functions.php file on the JNews child theme. For the Vendor Admin and Vendor Manager, it would be better if you can ask this thing into the plugin author for best practice. Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.