Minor problems and a gallery suggestion
Post count: 5hagedornJanuary 4, 2015 at 10:46 pm #8042
I just bought JKREATIV theme and it looks great a first sight. I do however have some difficulties as well as a suggestion on how to improve the theme. I will send more when I spend more time with it.
– On my installation, wordpress is really slow with your theme. Maybe it’s due to the amount of plugins… Anything I can do to speed it up?
– How do I disable the WooCommerce menu items from the main menu or put them on a different place?
– When using the gallery, how can I set my own preview crop from the images? Right now, it uses the center. But if you have a portrait image and the head is in the upper half but you’re using a gallery with square previews, the head is cut off.
– Where do I style the blog->detail page?
– Right now the gallery of each page is independent. This is a good thing for some applications, but if you’re of photographer and you’re running a multilingual page, you’ll need to do everything at least twice (importing the picture to the page, putting it in the right place). Also, if you want to have a “latest work” page, you’ll have to do this even a third time. So having a album/gallery sort of system would make it much easier as you don’t need to edit several pages but just the image management.
GuenterPost count: 6364AdekJanuary 6, 2015 at 7:24 am #8102
1. Actually, page speed is depends on many factors, such as internet speed, server speed, scripts loaded, images optimize and etc.You can try to disable all plugin except the required plugin and try to optimize your images.
2. May I know do you use shopping cart on your website? If not, you can simply disable WooCommerce plugin and Shopping Cart icon will disappear from menu.
3. Can you provide me the page url that you referring to, i will check it directly about this thing.
4. Did you mean is to add custom style on those page?
And thanks for your kind words and suggestion, very appreciate it. We will considering about this thing especially for gallery.
Thank youPost count: 5hagedornJanuary 6, 2015 at 7:17 pm #8118
Thanks for your reply.
1. The images are optimised. Especially the backend is really slow. Right now I’m using a minimal setup with just the plugins provided/suggested by your theme. The only plugin added is WPML.
2. I’m planning on using WooCommerce. I would just like more control on where the menu items appear – also for the mobile menu.
4. Yes.. Same for a category page.
5. (new) A new problem has shown up: Sometimes when opening a page in the backend editor, it is showing source code rather than the page. See http://www.bodyparts-photography.de/prob1.PNG
Thanks again. GuenterPost count: 6364AdekJanuary 8, 2015 at 10:33 am #8187
1. Anyway, may i know the current version of theme and jkreativ plugin that you use on your site?
2. You will need to add some custom css code to achieve that.
3. You can use Image Always Fit The Screen on Image Scale Method option.
4. To styling those page you will need to add some custom css code. You can put your code on the
Jkreativ Dashboard > Additional Style.
5. May I know, when the problem occurs if the linked page appears after that?
Thank youPost count: 5hagedornJanuary 9, 2015 at 9:52 am #8236
1. I’m using Version: 2.2.6 with child theme 1.0
3. That’s correct for the large view (photoswipe) but not for the gallery view.
4. It’s not about styling but e.g. define the template used for each particular page.
5. When entering a page from page overview or when saving a page.
GuenterPost count: 6364AdekJanuary 12, 2015 at 5:33 am #8269
3. I think you will need to make some change on dimension for certain image or you can add custom css code for certain image.
4. Just want to make sure about this thing, so you want to know what kind of page template that used for each page that you’ve been created. If so you can inspect those page and find on class name on body tag. Those class name will refer to page template that used on those page.
5. It’s weird for me because i don’t have those kind of problem yet. If the problem still occurs please try to disable all plugin except the required plugin that come with themes.
Thank youPost count: 5hagedornJanuary 12, 2015 at 11:44 am #8278
1. Okay.. I guess it must be server related.
3. Since the images are cropped, any custom CSS will not help. I guess I’ll have to look for a manual crop plugin.
4. hmm.. Maybe you can tell me where to find them:
Blog Detail Page
5. Maybe that’s server related, too… ?!
GuenterPost count: 6364AdekJanuary 13, 2015 at 7:35 am #8303
3. I’m not quite sure about that but i don’t have suggestion (what kind of plugin) for you about this thing.
4. Blog Detail Page :
Category Page and Archive Page :
5. It maybe, anyway try to clear your browser cache.
Thank youPost count: 5hagedornJanuary 13, 2015 at 9:35 am #8318
3. I’ve checked out available plugins. It seems you have not registered the image type/size within wordpress. This is why the plugins can’t find the images. It only offers new crops for
Shop_singlePost count: 6364AdekJanuary 15, 2015 at 9:45 am #8350
Actually, the image will crop for thumbnail and another small dimension of images. You can check into Media > Library to see the type, size and another information for images.
Thank youPost count: 5hagedornJanuary 16, 2015 at 9:38 am #8372
yes.. so there’s obviously no way to make the preview crop in your theme better 🙁Post count: 6364AdekJanuary 17, 2015 at 9:08 am #8396
Sorry, unfortunately we don’t have those kind of feature at this moment.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.