Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Menu Item Issue

4BWebDesign
    July 7, 2015 at 9:29 pm #12856

Hello.

Yesterday, I was looking around on one of the sites I have built with this theme. http://www.riserockwall.com All was well and was able to navigate all the pages using the menu. This morning, I received an email letting me know that one of the menu items was not working. It was the Registration Link. Going into the menus, I noticed it was set up as a custom link not a post so I deleted it and added the menu item from my selection to the left. Once it added, I dragged it where it belongs in the order. But, when I click on it nothing happened. Then looking further at the item I just added, it showed as a custom link then. So I deleted it and added a custom link linking it that page. It still didn’t work. Through all this, I notice that when I update the menu after adding an item, the menu doesn’t show at all on the front end. So I look at the back end and the main menu isn’t assigned to any menu areas. Once I assign and save the menu, the menu then shows on the front end but the link doesn’t work.

So, I removed the registration link. I also deleted the Contact Us item. I then added back the registration item and it works but when I try to add the contact us item, it adds but it doesn’t work and again, after saving the menu, it loses the menu assignment. It’s almost as if there are to many items added to the menu. I really need to get the link added back to the menu for Contact Us but not sure what to do now with this issue.

I have added back the Contact Us item but as you can see, when you click on it nothing happens.

Corey

Adek
    July 13, 2015 at 5:58 am #12916

Hi Corey,

Please make sure if you’ve been insert the url on your custom link. Let me know if the problem still occurs.

Thank you

4BWebDesign
    July 14, 2015 at 2:09 am #12949

Yes, I inserted the URL when inserting custom link but it still doesn’t work.

I also try to add it as a page but it doesn’t’ work either. As mentioned in original post, once I add the item to the menu, whether as custom link or page, it doesn’t work and, the settings change meaning, once I save the menu, It disappears from the front end. I have to go back and reassign the menu.

4BWebDesign
    July 16, 2015 at 12:25 am #12966

OK. Here’s what I come up with. I’m at a limit on how many items I can add to the menu. If I remove an item, then add an item it works fine. I’m at 46 items. It wont’ let me add anymore. At first I thought it was a setting on my server. I’ve had this happen before so I set my server to:

suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000

But this didn’t work. Any ideas?

4BWebDesign
    July 17, 2015 at 1:13 am #12969

Is anyone willing to help me out with this? I haven’t’ had a response in three days.

Adek
    July 17, 2015 at 7:53 am #12999

Hi Corey,

Can you help me to provide login credentials into your wp admin panel so i can check it directly what actually happen in there. You can send it here and check the Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

4BWebDesign
    July 17, 2015 at 11:42 am #13014
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    July 18, 2015 at 9:31 am #13028

Hi Corey,

I’ve been try to visit your site. But username and password doesn’t correctly.

Thank you

4BWebDesign
    July 18, 2015 at 4:14 pm #13031
    Adek
    July 20, 2015 at 2:36 am #13047

Hi Corey,

I’ve been check your site. Now your menu items seems working fine. Actually there is no problem with our theme regarding this issue. But you will need to do some change with your server settings. Anyway please try to visit this article, hopefully it can help.

Thank you

4BWebDesign
    July 20, 2015 at 9:08 pm #13065
    Adek
    July 21, 2015 at 3:13 am #13077

Hi Corey,

Sorry, may i’m not tell to you more specific on previously message. I mean the “Contact Us” menu item. Previously, I didn’t try to add or edit your menu item. I just check the “Contact Us” menu item and see it’s just work fine.

Actually, this is known issue on server configuration and i think there is no problem with our theme. You should check your phpinfo() output to see if the values are actually set or if they are being overridden in another config file. Also, your host may be able to help you configure things properly.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.